Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullock Smithy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator

Bullock Smithy 56ml Sept 6/7

Anyone having a go this year? I've not done it before but fancy a steady run / walk round

www.bullocksmithy.com/

Re: Bullock Smithy 56ml Sept 6

Hello DT

I did this one last year - a bit of road, but generally a great route. Plenty of stuff to scoff on the way so don't worry about taking much.
    Should be good - provided I'm not needed for a friends 'Joss Naylor'; see you there.

I am doing this again after my dismal performance last year.

Say hello to Marko won't you - I think he's doing it too..

I'm in for sure - my local fave event. I'm hoping to recce the second half this Sunday if I get back to blighty as planned on Saturday (I'm sending this from Sao Paolo - and no, it's not a holiday, just in case you were wondering :-)

Yep, i'm in. Absolutely cacking it though, as its way further than anything i've done before! I shall just be concentrating on finishing and not getting lost.

George

bullock smithy

Anyone else doing this?

Picked a flier for it yesterday and have spent several hours sussing out the route. Do you really go on the road so much? Especially between Peak Forest and MIller's Dale - route shows it down the road, but there looks to be a path going down Dam Dale, Hay Dale, Peter Dale and Monk's Dale. Is it not very easy to run on?

Also heard the food is not brilliant on this one. What does it compare with? Worth actually eating some of the stuff I carry round for weeks on end without ever touching it? (Not sure I'd want to eat it now actually except in an emergency )

Re: bullock smithy

Route choice depends on your approach. If you are going for a fast time then take road from Peak Forest SE and take footpath rt. on bend. This goes across fields to join lane. Down this into Wheston and left at junc. then right along Limestone Way which leads strt into Millars Dale. The road bit isn't that bad (v. quiet) and Wheston is a village from the past. The track down to M. Dale is a delight (but watch out for angry farmers). The Dales route is one for purists and personally I would want to savour it for a more relaxed outing rather than a challenge event.
    cheers.

I would say the food is excellent - something different at each CP, e.g. jam doughnuts, crisps.

Got this one on the radar not decided yet though, know a couple of guys at work who have done it and raved about it.