Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullock Smithy

Re: Bullock Smithy

Well done everyone on your Bullock Smithy adventures:thumbup:.

Thanks for the picture Nick... looks like a fantastic day out, even though there'd need to be some delicate footwork towards the end to avoid the pavement pizzas!

Sorry to have missed it, and well done all... hopefully next year...
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

another sorry tale....I knew i would be slow but i really struggled with this- started steady, and really took it easy on the way up to edale cross but suffered really badly from blisters- which don't usually afflict me. Ended up having to walk from Peak forest- descents on the tracks were agony....made it back in 17 hours but had to dig really deep not to dnf- my foot is badly trashed so training for the hm60 is going to be difficult! time for the bike i think! right now its that never again feeling- all that road and track!!!!... I look at right muppet at work too wandering around wearing a slipper (yup its that bad!)

Very similar with me Bogart I rarely blister but I have a couple beauties and my little on left foot looks horrible and the toe nail is nearly 90 degrees out of place with a bit of infection starting I think Ibe borrowed a boot two sizes bigger and am hobbling around site like a Muppet too ironically some of the larger gentlemen are commenting that'll teach me for exercising!!!!

On the disused railway on the run in there was a man shouting encouragement from a bridge. He asked me "Are you coming off here or going on to the next one?"
    I didn't realise there was an alternative exit from the railway - I exited at the bridge further along.
    Apparently the first exit is a bit quicker.
    I know it's sign-posted to somewhere and involves some cobbles but it doesn't stand out to me on the map.
    Could someone describe it to me to help me figure it out?
    Might make a critical difference next year!

MarkL - Bridge No: 12 on the MW brings you off at the Miner's Arms (it is signposted just after the bridge, on the LH side). You follow Wood Lane West and then take a R down a cobbly track (Wardsend) and then into Hockley to pick up Towers Rd (there is a little cut through along Trafalgar Ave).....I think that's it! I may make it that far next time...
    Last edited by HelenSkelton; 04-09-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Forgot a bit

Helen describes the route perfectly, thats the one I use

Quote Originally Posted by HelenSkelton View Post
    MarkL - Bridge No: 12 on the MW brings you off at the Miner's Arms (it is signposted just after the bridge, on the LH side). You follow Wood Lane West and then take a R down a cobbly track (Wardsend) and then into Hockley to pick up Towers Rd (there is a little cut through along Trafalgar Ave).....I think that's it! I may make it that far next time...
    Helen and geofpet: that's great. It makes perfect sense now, thanks a lot. See you at the next one.

This race sounds like a great challenge, a couple of people from a group I run with did this. I might give this a go next year!

Results are now available here ... http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~temples/bs/

Thanks to Andew Whitehead for providing these very promptly.

Cheers, Steve