Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Bullock Smithy

Re: Bullock Smithy 56ml Sept 6

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Does that mean that MarkO won? I'm struggling a bit with the results.

If so - well done Mark!
    They've got him down as the 2008 trophy winner so I guess he won.

Cracking result Mark- 9.36 is seriously quick.
    First run then beer. If no run then proceed directly to beer.

Re: Bullock Smithy 56ml Sept 6

Well done marko. Top performance! 56-plus miles of "canyoning" in 9:36
    I guess that means you finished in the dry then?
    It might have been swilling underfoot but I reckon we did hit it lucky with the weather - sunshine on Saturday and only a few showers after dark (at least until I finished).
    Well done to all who finished and commiserations to those who didn't. Try again next year; the weather's usually great at this time of year

George

bullock smithy

Anyone else doing this?

Picked a flier for it yesterday and have spent several hours sussing out the route. Do you really go on the road so much? Especially between Peak Forest and MIller's Dale - route shows it down the road, but there looks to be a path going down Dam Dale, Hay Dale, Peter Dale and Monk's Dale. Is it not very easy to run on?

Also heard the food is not brilliant on this one. What does it compare with? Worth actually eating some of the stuff I carry round for weeks on end without ever touching it? (Not sure I'd want to eat it now actually except in an emergency )

Re: bullock smithy

Route choice depends on your approach. If you are going for a fast time then take road from Peak Forest SE and take footpath rt. on bend. This goes across fields to join lane. Down this into Wheston and left at junc. then right along Limestone Way which leads strt into Millars Dale. The road bit isn't that bad (v. quiet) and Wheston is a village from the past. The track down to M. Dale is a delight (but watch out for angry farmers). The Dales route is one for purists and personally I would want to savour it for a more relaxed outing rather than a challenge event.
    cheers.

I would say the food is excellent - something different at each CP, e.g. jam doughnuts, crisps.

Got this one on the radar not decided yet though, know a couple of guys at work who have done it and raved about it.

What is the date this year? 5th Sept?

Been planning this one all year but yet to do my homework on the details! Another fella from Macc planning to re-do it after finding it a LONG day last year (he seems to have unfinished business) and I have heard several people say you'll not regret doing it... roll on September.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Excellent website giving lots of info and aerial videos of the suggested route. http://www.bullocksmithy.com/

I did it last year and totally rocked my world. Definitely doing it again.

pleasantly surprised to see a thread for this one, as I recce'd a section last Saturday! (Brand Top to Walker Barn)

I know a lot of Stockport Harriers who swear by this event, and am keen to give it a go (although this year may be too soon)

the route itself is an absolute work of genius and just DEMANDS to be done

also, I was born in Stepping Hill hospital, which is just up the road from the Hazel Grove start/finish, so I think it's pretty much compulsory that I do it at some point...