Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricky's Race

Ricky's Race

Hi - anyone doing this race tomorrow? Never done it before -any good?

Master and MR

Re: Ricky's Race

Quote Originally Posted by dutch peaks View Post
    Hi - anyone doing this race tomorrow? Never done it before -any good?

It's a good race. Fast start and quite a steep climb near the finish. No matter where you are in the race try and run up that climb. It's a tough one. Might be there.
    Nic epint afterwards

Thanks for that - might see you for a pint afterwards! Do you know if the race starts at 1900 or 1915? Not much in it, but the boss is watching...

Be careful of the fast start, some years have had people 'run' over in the jostle, it'll settle down soon enough.
    'Normal' people are the ones you don't know very well.

:angry: Given that half the office haven't bothered turning up today, looks like I won't be able to sneak off early and get over to Darley Bridge for this in time. I was looking forward to it too...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Master and MR

Nice to see a few forumites. Welldone to mrs Noel and well done to emmilou, brilliant runs. Much better style than the men through the last field. Met Dutch peaks as well for the first time, well no mate I've met you before but didn't know thou were Dutch peaks. :wink:. Brilliantly organized and thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Nice to see a few forumites. Welldone to mrs Noel and well done to emmilou, brilliant runs. Much better style than the men through the last field. Met Dutch peaks as well for the first time, well no mate I've met you before but didn't know thou were Dutch peaks. :wink:. Brilliantly organized and thanks to all.
    You were first V40 Daz, so I have a collection of fruit for you (a melon, a pineapple, 4 bananas, 4 apples, an orange, some grapes, a pear a few plums and a peach). I'm trying to think when I'll see you to give it to you, so I think there are a few options that I can think of:

1. We give it to you at Eccles Pike (if you're planning on doing that one - I know it's a bit out of the way)
    2. We eat the fruit and then replace it to give it to you when we know we'll see you.
    3. We make some jam and relish out of it and give you jars of that when we see you.

Any other ideas?

It was nice to see Emmilou at a short Peaks race.

Gggrrrrrrrr!!!!!
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    Nice to meet you Daz! Thanks for the heads-up on the last climb, but afraid to say that I didn't manage to run it all the way...still hard going for 'cloggie'! Working hard to improve timings, but it's taking a bl*dy long time. Great race though!

Results just posted on website - www.matlockac.org.uk - select Results, Ricky's Race, 2010 from the menus.