Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The first 10 Peaks Challenge

Re: The 2nd 10 Peaks Challenge

Hi Spookster,
    The route is up to the individual, the route plotted on routeyou is just a suggestion, however for safety reason competitors must visit the peaks in the order stated. I would be very interested to hear if someone thinks there is a faster (but safe!) route to visit the 10 highest peaks? There is no restriction on route, if you want to climb some extra peaks in between that is up to you!

The four green dots show the four main check points/ aid stations but there will be some check points on top of the peaks but I'm not giving any clues as to which ones. You only need to visit Beck Head, CP2, on your way towards Pillar but feel free to say hello on your way to CP3 if you feel like it - last year only 2 people managed to find this check point due to the poor visibility.

If you are thinking of entering it is best to enter before the end of the month before price goes up.

Thanks for the info. Will make sure I get my entry in before 31st!

Will the race start nice and early (6am) to make the most of the daylight?
    Do you have any times/results from 2010 that you can share?
    Ta

Hi Spookster, from my research the event does start nice and early...4am (ouch!) but that makes sense, as if you're really quick around you might make last orders in Keswick. The organisers state that no-one completed the event in 2010, due mainly to the weather conditions (virtually nil visibility on the fells). This will be my main target event of the summer, so look forward to meeting you at the start.

4am it is, it should be thinking about getting light by then and as Phil says last orders will be a few peoples target (especially the hashers!). However I think the bar in the hotel (the finish) is open 24 hours. If you visit: http://www.10peaks.com/blog/2010/08/...e-race-report/ you will see last years race report.

Re: The first 10 Peaks Challen

yes the hotel has a 24 hour bar. it's important to know that there's a beer waiting for you. On On !

Just out of idle forumite curiosity and with the possibility of putting names to faces - I bumped into a group going up to Bowfell who were on a reccie of this route on Sunday 27 March. Anyone here?

Really looking forward to the 10P. Just out of interest is there a start list? and will we be told what food is at which checkpoints?
    Will Meredith - Pennine

It might be possible to view a start list through Active.com if you have already registered to take part but to be honest I'm not sure.

I will be sending out an email to everyone taking part next week and another 2-4 weeks before the event with all the final details which will include information about what food and drinks are available. We will supply all the water and some sports drinks too. The food will definitely include energy bars, gels, bananas, biscuits, and maybe chocolate bars, cakes etc. Any other suggestions?

Thumbs up Re: The first 10 Peaks Challen

That sounds great 10P. Flat coke is always good, and butties.
    Will Meredith - Pennine

We should be able to do flat coke Will. We are also offering a hot meal at Honister Slate Mine, we have a mild chilli with a jacket potato and a veggie pasta option. But best be quick it might only be hot until 5.30 when the visitor centre closes! We'll do our best to keep it warm for those still on their way back from Pillar or Great Gable.