Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hebden

Re: The Hebden Jan 3

I think you've covered the most of the possible reasons there, Alan, apart from those you are too polite to mention.
    Thanks again, and my apologies for giving your name an extra 'L' yesterday.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Greenwood View Post
    The mileage is about right at 21.5 miles but we generally come out with about 4400ft of climbing at walking pace. Can only think that the massive amount of ascent some of you get is due to the height you bounce when running??? or falling down and getting up??? or going up every hill you can find??? or having a duff GPS???
    Another fantastic event - thanks Alan and the team.

Well done with your run, Chris. 27 minutes quicker than last year!
    Sorry I didn't get chance to talk to you - when we met I was dashing in to register, and I couldn't find you afterwards. Happy New Year!
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Greenwood View Post
    The mileage is about right at 21.5 miles but we generally come out with about 4400ft of climbing at walking pace. Can only think that the massive amount of ascent some of you get is due to the height you bounce when running??? or falling down and getting up??? or going up every hill you can find??? or having a duff GPS???
    Perhaps Juicer took a "shortcut" to make it up to 21.91 miles?

As for the ascent, if folks are using Garmins and Sporttracks(sp?), we had to get some "elevation smoothing" plug-in to get it to work properly, otherwise ascents were coming out at ridiculous figures.

And thanks again Alan for organising such a great event. Last year was the first time I'd ever been out on the Calderdale fells....and now, we're tucked up on a boat at Hebden Bridge and very soon to be buying a house nearby. Can't wait to explore moor of the area.
    Loving life in the Highlands

blog

Here, here!

Thanks to you and your team Alan, fabulous event.

Smile Re: The Hebden Jan 3

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    I would also like to echo the comments of the people on this post and thank the organisers for their efforts which helps to make this event so enjoyable.

And thank you Fidaleo for waiting for me every now and again. We were 40 minutes quicker than last year but looking at the results it seems many people were also quicker. I'm sure the lack of mud helped in that regards. Plus in our case not getting lost in the last four miles.

Re the elevations, I had plotted the course on Friday on "Running Ahead" which came up with 6824 ft of ascent which I thought was a bit unlikely. It's quite remarkable that there is so much difference in these measurements and I'd love to know which is nearest to the true figure.
    not a problem muddy retriever.....I think my cold helped me in the end....it was a good way of getting rid of all that excess snot....felt much better afterwards but not sure those around me appreciated the constant spitting and clearing of nostrils !

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Well done with your run, Chris. 27 minutes quicker than last year!
    Sorry I didn't get chance to talk to you - when we met I was dashing in to register, and I couldn't find you afterwards. Happy New Year!
    Thanks Philip and a Happy New year to you.
    I think we were all on PB's this time.
    How did my dentist know i did the Hebden last week?

Well done Chris with your time. My 4:07 was 25 mins faster than last year but still not up to your standard. I'm expecting you to beat me hands down at Two Crosses Circuit on Sunday!

Hi Tussockface,
    Sorry I missed you. I don't recall seeing you after the finish. It's probably because I was volunteering afterwards at check-in, so I wasn't able to mingle.

Many thanks to Alan, Carole and crew for a most excellent event. I heard nothing but well-deserved praise from the returnees.

For interest's sake, I've just checked the exact route on Tracklogs. It makes it 21.7 miles with 4,690 feet of ascent.

Nick.

A belated thank you to Alan and his team, great event, great value for money, really enjoyed it
    Hills and Guinness!