Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hebden

Re: The Hebden, 5th January

Great event really enjoyed it - even the slight navigational errors!
    Superb organisation and food by all concerned, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by castlehill View Post
    Great event really enjoyed it - even the slight navigational errors!
    Superb organisation and food by all concerned, much appreciated.
    I've just noticed - full results now out on the Hebden website. http://www.alangreenwood.biz/hvh/index.html

Excellent event, well organised and what a challenging course for navigation (even though i went round most beforehand i still found new bits!). One for next yr i think.

Good to see so many of you yesterday. Very enjoyable, though definitely tough ... my legs reminded me that I haven't done any big mileage for a couple of months. Half way through I decided to switch allegiance from FRA to LDWA. This was around the point when, though 'running', I was overtaken by a walker. And it wasn't uphill.
    Anyone know (roughly) what the ascent was?

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Good to see so many of you yesterday. Very enjoyable, though definitely tough ... my legs reminded me that I haven't done any big mileage for a couple of months. Half way through I decided to switch allegiance from FRA to LDWA. This was around the point when, though 'running', I was overtaken by a walker. And it wasn't uphill.
    This event goes from Mytholmroyd and covers 22 miles and over 4000ft.
    It's open to walkers and runners. Could fit in with New Year resolutions!
    See:
    http://www.alangreenwood.biz/hvh/index.html
    Is this not true
    Hills and Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    Crumblydown, i will drink to you and Mrs. Crumblydown and your dogs health tonight. 2 Hours sleep then that and a sprint finish. You da man Ps. Thanks for the lift home Also thanks to Alan Greenwood and his helpers for organising a good do. Its probably easier to run it than organise it, you do a great job, Thank You Also nice to meet you Tussockface, i think i've finished now
    Well done Merrylegs I'm indulging myself tonight hic ( jennings ) thanks for the company, wonder if Ozz will take his running shoes to Gran Canaria we might have to beast him (not).If you fancy another next week its the Two Crosses from Bury,the missus is doing it and could do with a bit of company let us know if you are up for it .
    Ps well done to everyone, and wot a good do.
    my nose runs faster than my feet.
    www.ukfellponies.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by crumblydown View Post
    Well done Merrylegs I'm indulging myself tonight hic ( jennings ) thanks for the company, wonder if Ozz will take his running shoes to Gran Canaria we might have to beast him (not).If you fancy another next week its the Two Crosses from Bury,the missus is doing it and could do with a bit of company let us know if you are up for it .
    Ps well done to everyone, and wot a good do.
    Get some down your neck, if you want to beast Ozz i think you'll have to catch him first. 3h 42mins was it, feckin eck Fraid i can't make next saturday as i'm tied up with kids for the day. Earning brownie points with our lass. Deffo for the Haworth Hobble though, so much to do, too many kids. Love em to bits though Don't sleep in tomorrow and forget to take the dog to the vets
    Hills and Guinness!

On my Fugawi package, i make 5340ft of assent, the most assent of any of the LDWA ones I've done. It's still no excuse though for spending half hour - buns, tea adn getting your feet up, at each check point....or is it me that's loosing the plot??

Get some down your neck, if you want to beast Ozz i think you'll have to catch him first. 3h 42mins was it, feckin eck Fraid i can't make next saturday as i'm tied up with kids for the day. Earning brownie points with our lass. Deffo for the Haworth Hobble though, so much to do, too many kids. Love em to bits though Don't sleep in tomorrow and forget to take the dog to the vets
    I'll be at the 2 crosses. It's on Sunday though not Saturday (if it helps ....)

disco stan

Quote Originally Posted by Potto View Post
    They'll be enough left over to beat you Disco!
    Nice one mate, look forward to it.
    Must've tired you out, we missed you saturday night.
    We had a good laugh and i couldn't stand by the end of the night.
    4 hours later i was reccying leg 2 pbr still drunk.

Is this not true
    If Chris B is right with his figure of 5340ft, then the official stat ("over 4000 ft") is also correct. But it's also misleading. "Over 5000ft" would have given my legs better advance notice of what I was about to put them through.

And well done Chris for your placing! 8th!
    That recce must have paid off in the end. Did you manage to get revenge on the cow that attacked you?