Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First run in my life ever...

Smile First run in my life ever...

Hello

I have just finished my second run in my LIFE. I'm very proud of myself as the first time I ran a mile in 11.06 mins (rubbish i know!) and I now did it in 9.45. I had to rest for three days beacuse my legs were hurting so much!!!

I'm aiming to run the 5k Alexandra Park run in Manchester in less than 30mins, the coach (I wonder who that could be!) reckons I'll be able to do it but I'm not so sure!

It shall be my first race but not the last as I have promised to run the Whinberry Naze this year. Why oh why did I comment while waiting in the cold for Andy to finish that 'I could do that!!!'

undercover moderator
    Nice one AGM.

Mile and a half next time, but without the watch?

I agree - don't think it matters what time you do. Just go out and enjoy it.

by admitting it's your second run - you are a runner! Keep at it!!

Quote Originally Posted by A.G's Missus View Post
    Hello

I have just finished my second run in my LIFE.

Joliver Jim
    I'm new to running too. Apparently I've agreed to do the Rivington Pike on 7th April. It's 3 miles. I'm going to aim for it and so is One Hill Wonder, maybe you should too!

Quote Originally Posted by A.G's Missus View Post
    Hello

I have just finished my second run in my LIFE. I'm very proud of myself as the first time I ran a mile in 11.06 mins (rubbish i know!) and I now did it in 9.45. I had to rest for three days beacuse my legs were hurting so much!!!

I'm aiming to run the 5k Alexandra Park run in Manchester in less than 30mins, the coach (I wonder who that could be!) reckons I'll be able to do it but I'm not so sure!

It shall be my first race but not the last as I have promised to run the Whinberry Naze this year. Why oh why did I comment while waiting in the cold for Andy to finish that 'I could do that!!!'

good for you, well done you will have no problem with the race njy it.
    Did A.G. wash the dress after Whinberry Naze?

Quote Originally Posted by Joliver Jim View Post
    I'm new to running too. Apparently I've agreed to do the Rivington Pike on 7th April. It's 3 miles. I'm going to aim for it and so is One Hill Wonder, maybe you should too!

ah but JJ i thought you also agreed to do a few more races as well ? like the one where i was holding Edward whilst chris did the race and you marshalled the fininsh.
    Brett also mentioned he would be well up for it and would have no trouble beating you round??

Joliver Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    ah but JJ i thought you also agreed to do a few more races as well ? like the one where i was holding Edward whilst chris did the race and you marshalled the fininsh.
    Brett also mentioned he would be well up for it and would have no trouble beating you round??
    If you're available for babysitting services again then maybe I'll do it. Then again....that first hill scares me.

the way I feel atm, wouldn't be able to run to the end of our road!!

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post

wimps the pair of you.. no excuse you have a few months training, so comon of the PC's bytey kicking him out for a few hours will do him the world of good..
    JJ after the first hill it's left right all the way to the fininsh.. easy as 1,2,3..