Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grasmere Guides race route

Re: Grasmere Guides race route

Route Description:

Starting at the showground at NY340 073 leave in an easterly direction and pick up the trod on the other side of the A591, go over the farm track and through the fell gate which marks the boundary to access land, follow the trod round the southerly end of a crag then swing NE shortly joining a marked footpath toward Grey Crags, over the beck and round the flag on Grey Crag summit then back to the showground.

This is an educated guess (which will anger Mr Grump) but it can't be too far wrong. I make the ascent 915'.
    Last edited by mr brightside; 28-08-2010 at 10:58 PM.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    Good vid here...
    I wonder who filmed that?:closed:

A cracking finish to the race today with Rob Hope passing Rob Jebb between the road and the finish line.

Rob Hope
    Rob Jebb
    Michael Fraser
    Tom Addison
    Alastair Dunn
    Martin Mickelson Barron
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.

Brilliant day at Grasmere Sports, a great day out and loads of great proformance's.

Some great results for Helm Hill Runners in both the junior and senior races.

Thanks to Pete Bland for the organisation.

Yes a great day out, the clear sunny weather meant a bumper crowd and field of 123 in the senior guides race and good turnouts in all the categories.

To celebrate his 60th birthday, legend Tommy Sedgwick competed and despite a tumble just before the road crossing finished in a good position,
    Tuffer

Is enjoying the running

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    A cracking finish to the race today with Rob Hope passing Rob Jebb between the road and the finish line...
    Looks like the Hope is gannin for the "Big 3" this August and not for the first time in his runnin' career. He's got last week's Burnsall and now Grasmere in the bag. Next up Kilnsey Crag Race on Tuesday. It'll be 8 Kilnsey victories on the trot if he wins that. His 7 wins already equals Bill Teasdale's record 7 Kilnsey wins. History is in the makin' next Tuesday and I'll be yon to film it...'opefully!

Well done HHH on your Grasmere position. Tha should've collected a nice bit o'pocket money for your effort.

First time I've run this and really enjoyed it. On the only route choice I got overtaken by 3 others who chose differently but otherwise had a good run and it didn't rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry H Howgill View Post
    A cracking finish to the race today with Rob Hope passing Rob Jebb between the road and the finish line.

Rob Hope
    Rob Jebb
    Michael Fraser
    Tom Addison
    Alastair Dunn
    Martin Mickelson Barron
    Well done to Matthew Fraser, great run -in good company there. Pippa Maddams was impressive, round a minute faster than last year -anyone know of anywhere that past results are archived, or any record of fastest female times for the course?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlegs View Post
    The one over the road with the flags on that everyone's running up and down.
    Thanks Deadlegs. I ran it yesterday, and your description was spot on!
    What a great race too, I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Looks like the Hope is gannin for the "Big 3" this August and not for the first time in his runnin' career. He's got last week's Burnsall and now Grasmere in the bag. Next up Kilnsey Crag Race on Tuesday. It'll be 8 Kilnsey victories on the trot if he wins that. His 7 wins already equals Bill Teasdale's record 7 Kilnsey wins. History is in the makin' next Tuesday and I'll be yon to film it...'opefully!

Well done HHH on your Grasmere position. Tha should've collected a nice bit o'pocket money for your effort.
    Rob was no where near him at the turn but had a great descent. Some people wouldn't have chased the leader that hard but it was well worth his efforts. An excellent result for him. He last won it in 2002 I think. He shouldn't have any problems with Kinsey I should think.

I'm looking forward to the vid Wharfee.
    Fitness can't be stored. It must be earned over and over, indefinitely.