Thread: Rucksack

Rucksack

I am needing to purchase a new rucksack but have an eye for the future as I am definitely going to follow through with the long held idea of running a few MM's and I dont want to/cant afford to buy too new rucksacks. So what is the best sac ie make style size to get for MM's that will double as an all purpose one please.
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"

Re: Rucksack

Quote Originally Posted by Clash City Rocker View Post
    I am needing to purchase a new rucksack but have an eye for the future as I am definitely going to follow through with the long held idea of running a few MM's and I dont want to/cant afford to buy too new rucksacks. So what is the best sac ie make style size to get for MM's that will double as an all purpose one please.
    Hey - depends what else you want to do with it...? The OMM 32L is a good MM sack and general purpose day-sack, but I wouldn't want to take it climbing for example, as it'd get trashed, being made of light materials.
    Conversely I wouldn't want to take my Berghaus 45L climbing sack on MMs as it would be too heavy / bulky, flap around and pee me off.
    So I guess you should work out what you expect from a rucksack and what activities you want to use it for, and then look for the best fit to your needs.

Sorry not to give you a definitive answer
    Hills - good for the soul...
    http://honestsstories.blogspot.co.uk

Super Moderator
    Last edited by Derby Tup; 31-08-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    Poacher turned game-keeper

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

OMM Adventure Light 20L is great, and I'm assured will do you on an MM. From talking to folks when I was looking at my own purchase - the aforementioned sack - I reckon a lot will hinge on how geeky you are on ultra-light, ultra-tiny equipment. If you don't have the smallest, lightest kit known to man, it might be a bit of a squeeze, so you might want to look at the larger 25/32l sacks.

I know that all of these options though, do compress well when there's not so much in your sack, and so can be used on medium length runs too: not loads of flapping about, or all your gear shifting around as you run.

So, I'd look at one of these, from the 20-32l and look to make your final decision on how much (or little) stuff you would look to get away with carrying on an MM.
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

OMM 25l is probably best for all round (althouh as already said not for scraping on rock!)
    It does sit a bit funny when nearly empty though. As a result I have bought a smaller and cheaper one from Decathlon for long fell races when I want a sac - think it is 10l, with bladder and was about 20 quid.

Cheers folks thats really useful I can have a look from there with a clearer idea of sizing
    "Moors are a stage for the performance of heaven"