Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Longshaw

Re: Longshaw

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    I'd also like to know who the young lady was who was trying to find me?
    Young lady is definitely pushing it - he should have gone to specsavers!! Just wanted to introduce ourselves before Steve had to dash back for work. I tried to mnessage you but not sure it worked. Cliumbing at Millstone tomorrow night (weather permitting) and a beer in the Fox if you are available for a natter.
    Thanks for the results - you will find me towards the end of page three!! Looks like you had a good one though

Quote Originally Posted by Moulinclimber View Post
    Young lady is definitely pushing it - he should have gone to specsavers!! Just wanted to introduce ourselves before Steve had to dash back for work. I tried to mnessage you but not sure it worked. Cliumbing at Millstone tomorrow night (weather permitting) and a beer in the Fox if you are available for a natter.
    Thanks for the results - you will find me towards the end of page three!! Looks like you had a good one though
    I'll be in the Ladybowyer Wednesday after the club run.

Did ok, Certainly I was around the runners I race normally, but just coming back to short race form. need to work on my climbing and distance now.

I'll be in the Ladybowyer Wednesday after the club run.
    Weds is out for us but I hope to bring up the rear at Padfield on Sunday if you are around

Quote Originally Posted by Moulinclimber View Post
    Weds is out for us but I hope to bring up the rear at Padfield on Sunday if you are around
    In the lakes at the Mountain Trial sorry!
    I'll be doing Roaches and Windgather I think, Possibly Stanage Struggle and others..

Results from the Longshaw Race on the Dark Peak Results page.

http://www.dpfr.org.uk/#results/race/2646

Even Darth Gets a mention, he'll do any thing for a free motor...

Has any one heard how the injured runner is? and if he got his car back.....

Hope it wasn't the one on top of Snowdon....
    If you're inferring 'Did Darth manage to return his car without crashing it' then yes I did. The shame of it - a man of my standing having to drive a Toyota. Severely curtailed my post race celebration for the Chairman's 50th having to drive back to the Dark Side rather than cycle/wobble back.

When I last spoke to the injured runner, he has a broken toe and broken arm - the severity of which is not yet known as he was due at the Northern Gen Fracture Clinic yesterday.
    Last edited by Darth of The Dark Side; 06-09-2011 at 04:33 PM.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Is it possible to recce all of this route or is some of it only open on the day. Need to run it several times before the day as don't want any surprises ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Is it possible to recce all of this route or is some of it only open on the day. Need to run it several times before the day as don't want any surprises ;-)
    Not sure about the start/finish field but certainly every thing after the first road crossing to the last road crossing is access land.

The only nasty surprise is the finishing field though up hill and tussocky for the most part....

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Well you've got plenty of time as its not till September! As a good 'warmer-upper' enter Burbage on 8th May as its virtually the same course only in reverse.
    Its better to have fought and lost, than not have fought at all.

Darth - you should check out the Heptonstall thread - its turning into a star wars convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth of The Dark Side View Post
    Well you've got plenty of time as its not till September! As a good 'warmer-upper' enter Burbage on 8th May as its virtually the same course only in reverse.
    I'll do that thanks. That's one I'm not away for so will be good. I know it's not till September but want to check it out to make sure it's doable to be back home (hope valley) by 1pm with some of our friends all in one piece :-). Getting married at 4 :-).