Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pinhaw Moor

Re: Pinhaw Moor

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    I am fairly sure it was Oxo not Bisto who broke the record last year
    you're probably right. Like I said too much grape juice. Feeling it now.

Not a fell race, but any body doing the Colne 11, a week on sunday? A new race, but I don't suppose anybody knows what it's like? Martin? Martin's Mrs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pudgy View Post
    Well, lots of Forumites, including Bogtrotter, Stick, Pengy, Woger, Murky Cloud, Disco Stan, and a number of others, who's names escape me, as I've drunk a little too much grape juice.
    Don't forget Blackfoot who was kind enough to give me a lift. Good to be able to put faces to all the names.

I really enjoyed the race once it was over! My calves are still sore this morning.

Quote of the night - As I ran towards the top with Roger Rabbit we saw Tom Addison comming down in the lead, I must have sounded impressed but Wodger said "he should be able to do it, he's only a lad" !!

disco stan

you're probably right. Like I said too much grape juice. Feeling it now.

Not a fell race, but any body doing the Colne 11, a week on sunday? A new race, but I don't suppose anybody knows what it's like? Martin? Martin's Mrs?
    I'll have a dabble. Goes through wycoller country park i think. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Might still be pissed from celebrating man u beating southern shandy drinkers in fa cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by disco stan View Post
    I'll have a dabble. Goes through wycoller country park i think. Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Might still be pissed from celebrating man u beating southern shandy drinkers in fa cup final.
    that's it get ya excuses in now!!

thought i had given you a good lead at the top, better give you a bit more next time!!

anyone doing buttermere tomorrow?

It's an old race revived, but suprised it got a permit on some of those roads!Roughly I think it is - From the sports centre in Colne which is next to the railway station, up the main road through Colne town centre to Laneshaw Bridge, then turn right on the road to Haworth. Up the long drag of a hill till just past old hearders pub, take a right down a rough track and all the way to Wycoller, up the hill out of Wycoller to Trawden. Then back to Colne town centre and finish at sport centre.

If you've done Trawden 7 in August it's same route but from Colne centre. Think I'll be giving it a miss.

The start was also enlivened by Stick abandoning the race, and chasing the local fillies, instead (they may have been shrieking, but we all know it was really encouragement)

Cheers Pudgy! Yes, quite a novel start! But really gang...I was only trying to squeeze past that young lady. Honest! I thought I'd got such a good line but we were trapped together on the pavement by that parked car. She was rather cuddly though... ...

Good to see the forumite gang out in depth

p.s. there's a brief race report by our Wharfedale webmaster and summit photographer on the wharfedale web site http://www.wharfedaleharriers.org.uk/
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

disco stan

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    that's it get ya excuses in now!!

thought i had given you a good lead at the top, better give you a bit more next time!!
    Them blisters were killing me on the descent penguin, slowed me down somewhat.
    You came past me like you had a rocket up your arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bog Trotter View Post
    Don't forget Blackfoot who was kind enough to give me a lift. Good to be able to put faces to all the names.
    Quote of the night - As I ran towards the top with Roger Rabbit we saw Tom Addison comming down in the lead, I must have sounded impressed but Wodger said "he should be able to do it, he's only a lad" !!

Yep, Blackfoot was the name I was striving, and failing, to remember. Also Wycoller and Martin's Mrs were new additions for me (hope Martin is recovering well )

Woger, ey? Old man of the fells

Quote Originally Posted by disco stan View Post
    Them blisters were killing me on the descent penguin, slowed me down somewhat.
    You came past me like you had a rocket up your arse.
    ah well i too have some blisters, so that excuse at colne won't do..