Thread: The Four Trigs Traipse

The Four Trigs Traipse

Here's a new anytime challenge for you all.
    I did the inaugural Traipse this saturday, 4 September

Starting and finishing at the Knot Inn, Rushton Spencer, its a 27mile round robin (with somewhere between 4000-4500ft ascent i think) that involves traipsing round the four trigs of The Cloud, Shutlingsloe, The Roaches, and The Gun . About 3 miles tops of tarmac the rest off road

Start from the Knot and head off road up to The Cloud, via Church in the Wilderness, Woodhouse Green ,Bridestones, approaching the Cloud from the West.
    From the Cloud its down the gritstone trail, leaving it eventuality to head into Wincle, up to the Wild Boar, Hammerton Knowl, Higher Nabbs, dropping down to the Cragg Inn and then up to Shutlingsloe

Descending Shutlingsloe we head over to Tagsclough Hill, Gradbach YH and up through Forest Wood to Roach End and up to the Roaches trig

From the trig we head along the Roaches to Rockhall, drop down to Windygates and cross country to Meerbrook. Here we head on to Lower Wetwood and up to Oldhay Top before our final ascent over Gun Moor to the final trig, The Gun

Off the Gun, and head down back into Rushton Spencer and whatever takes your fancy at the Knot:thumbup:

this route covers in bits the following events

cloud nine, kipling kaper, shutlingsloe, the roaches, passing clouds, xmas cracker, leek half, meerbrook 15, gun run

Hope you enjoy it!
    I can resist everything but temptation

http://ultrarunningcollie.blogspot.com/

Re: The Four Trigs Traipse

Looks good UC - it's an area I've not visited for ages. I will put it on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAIN MAN View Post
    Looks good UC - it's an area I've not visited for ages. I will put it on my list.
    cheers mm, if you need any micro routing just ask..otherwise hope you enjoy it when you get round to it

Sounds like a good route. How long did it take?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    Sounds like a good route. How long did it take?
    hi steve, how long we did it in and how long it could take are two totally different things..we picnicced our way round including the ice cream van. when im back in proper training mode I'll do it again to gauge a time. for the whippets out there i'd have thought 4hrs+. i'd be closer to 6hrs+

Now this looks a nice route. If one was to tag it on to the Macc Harriers Fell Handicap route - there's a map for it on the Macc site somewhere -(Common Barn Farm - Lamaload - Tegg's Nose - Shuts - Cat & Fiddle - Shining Tor - Lamaload..... 15 miles / 3750') you'd have a cracking day out... now there's a thought...
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    Now this looks a nice route. If one was to tag it on to the Macc Harriers Fell Handicap route - there's a map for it on the Macc site somewhere -(Common Barn Farm - Lamaload - Tegg's Nose - Shuts - Cat & Fiddle - Shining Tor - Lamaload..... 15 miles / 3750') you'd have a cracking day out... now there's a thought...
    lantern...it'd be rude not to slip white nancy in too

so we could go..cloud, shutts, teggs, nancy, cb, lama, st, c&f, three shires head, roaches, gun..back to pub...top of my head i'd say around 40-45m??

you're right..thats a belter now..thanks...we need a name..its now six trigs if my maths is correct