Thread: Lecky

Lecky

I would just like to say a big thank you to Lecky.

I started attending some of the FRA Junior races just before he took over and I must say I think he has taken the series on another level.

The races are extremely well organised, offering a great variety of courses that mean that whoever wins the overall title has to be able to perform on short, long, steep and technical terrain, sometimes with multiple climbs rather than the typical up and down affair.

I also think that the Junior Do has been transformed. All my athletes have enjoyed the 2008 & 9 events following on from the Viking Chase - a great venue for a race and a super Do.

The final Do today left a few of us sceptical, but as Lecky has done a great job, we went along with him and supported the day.

The relays were a fantastic success. Brilliant idea. I only heard positve comments.

I think they were an excellent way to sign off the tenure of Lecky as FRA Junior Co-Ordinator. I know I speak for my club mates at Blackburn as I was asked to express our thanks publicly on the forum.

I am sure I represent the views of all the Junior Fell runners that have taken part in the races over recent years.

Lecky - Thanks for your efforts and I hope we will still see you around.
    Last edited by Witton Park; 11-09-2010 at 11:10 PM.

Re: Lecky

These views echo those of the FRA Committee.

Lecky has done a great job and the FRA now needs a new Junior Co-ordinator.

Every co-ordinator is different and bring their own approach to the role so no-one should feel intimidated that they cannot "follow Lecky", especially since the FRA does not have anyone to take over.

The races for 2011 have been selected by Lauren Jeska and the ROs look after them, Jim Godwin will do the statistics & etc.

However the FRA does need someone to act as co-ordinator and continue Lecky's good work and Lecky or I will be pleased to hear from anyone who might be interested.

Graham
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Re: Lecky

I'd just like to add my thanks to Lecky for both yesterday and the series this year. Saturday was a cracking day, the relays were great fun and it was terrific to have the time to meet & chat with so many people I & my son normally just exchange pleasantries with briefly post races.

So thank you Lecky, hope you'll still be knocking around & passing on the benefit of your knowledge & experience to others for a while, but many thanks for all that youve contributed & all youve done for junior racing.

Cheers
    Duncan