Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior Co-ordinator 2011

Junior Co-ordinator 2011

As everyone knows Lecky has done a great job over the last 3 years and is now standing down, so the FRA needs a new Junior Co-ordinator for 2011.

I don’t need to state here how rewarding the post can be and how important it is for the juniors that Lecky’s good work continues. In the past the FRA has had “gaps“ between co-ordinators and the juniors have suffered.

Of all the posts on the FRA Committee the role of junior coordinator is the one that is given the most freedom, ie no-one is looking over your shoulder and the FRA has never refused to allocate money to any proposal made by a co-ordinator. It would be irresponsible of the Chairman to say that you have a “blank cheque”; but you get the picture?

Freedom from interference means not only that no-one is telling you what to do but you are also free to develop your ideas. The Woodheads did things their way, Lecky did it his way and so on. Change is good.

And the work doesn’t all rest on your shoulders. Lauren Jeska has selected the races for 2011 (like she did for 2010) and the ROs will look after them, Jim Godwin will continue to produce the statistics: but there is a need for someone to tie things together. And of course Lecky will be around to help with the handover.

So if you think you would like to help to continue Lecky’s good work then please get in touch with him or, of course, me.

Graham Breeze
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 12-09-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Re: Junior Co-ordinator 2011

Hi

Just to remind people that we still haven't got a new Junior Coordinator.

It is not normally a terribly stressful job. The key things are making sure that the Junior Champs races have been chosen (already done for 2011, almost), getting the presentation Do organised, making sure that Jim does the Stats (again, I think he has agreed to do this for next year) and making sure the ESFRC keeps going.

Above this, it is up to the JC as to what to do above this. I have heard some excellent ideas, but it needs someone with a little time and energy to bring these to fruition.

The main FRA committee provides quite generous funding for Juniors and doesn't usually say no to funding new ideas.

So come on, someone take it on as I am definitely not going to carry on as I have other things I want to do.

Interesting to see who has picked this role up, im sure she will do a great job such as Lecky did cheers Lecky.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    she
    Does this mean you already have insight on who the new co-ordinator will be?

Quote Originally Posted by FellRunner1 View Post
    Does this mean you already have insight on who the new co-ordinator will be?
    In the new fra mag, Emma clayton.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

In the new fra mag, Emma clayton.
    Well, almost.

Like everyone else who wishes to serve on the FRA committee in any capacity, Emma will need to be elected by a majority of members attending the AGM on Saturday.

The only candidate I believe.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Emma will need to be elected by a majority of members attending the AGM on Saturday
    Now elected and in post.

And likely to be assisted by Duncs who has joined up as a Member Rep.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Now elected and in post.

And likely to be assisted by Duncs who has joined up as a Member Rep.
    Member Rep what does this role entitle ?

Member Rep what does this role entitle ?
    Hi Scott - Little bit of info hidden away here. (Paragraph 3c) You can see from the surrounding paragraphs that it's mainly to do with who they represent.
    Hope the winter training is going well.
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by FellJunior View Post
    Hi Scott - Little bit of info hidden away here. (Paragraph 3c) You can see from the surrounding paragraphs that it's mainly to do with who they represent.
    Hope the winter training is going well.
    Thnks FJ, Winter training was going well until i got shin splints