Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Park Runs Destructive ?

Quote Originally Posted by OB1 View Post
    Lyme Park is trail and quite hilly for a Parkrun.
    Not done it yet mind, but it is on my shortlist for autumn.
    Thanks for the contributions = will give Oakwell a go as it's near where my parents live. Have done the Lyme Park series of fell races in the past and I put Marple down as my home parkrun so I suppose I'd better go and do it some time!

Back to UK in a few days so I hope there's a nice Indian Summer coming up

Welsh Harrier
    http://travellinglightatsixtyplus.blogspot.com.au/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    Thanks for the contributions = will give Oakwell a go as it's near where my parents live. Have done the Lyme Park series of fell races in the past and I put Marple down as my home parkrun so I suppose I'd better go and do it some time!

Back to UK in a few days so I hope there's a nice Indian Summer coming up

Welsh Harrier
    http://travellinglightatsixtyplus.blogspot.com.au/
    Hi WH.
    Drop me a PM if/when you decide to do Marple or Lyme Park and I will see if I am free.
    The passes-out will get scarcer on a Saturday morning now that the nipper's football season has started again and I am on taxi duties most weeks.
    Have a good trip back and whatever you do don't bring back any horrid weather - we are quite enjoying the start of our Indian Summer.
    Powered by Ugali.

OB1 the Lyme Park run is more like a fell race in places. It's certainly more than a trail run in my book anyway. And it's VERY hilly.

On the weather front we've had it unbelievably good for so long now. A change for the worse is afoot with the change in the month. Welsh Harrier it will be perfectly timed for your return, so we can blame it all on you.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    OB1 the Lyme Park run is more like a fell race in places. It's certainly more than a trail run in my book anyway. And it's VERY hilly.
    Interesting about hilly courses. Living next to Roundhay Park I still claim that it's one of the hilliest, although Temple Newsam is also hilly and Woodbank too. I did Leeds Hyde Park last week for a change and to do a "flat" course - ooo I was surprised that it is hillier than I thought. Is it all in the mind?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by socks View Post
    Is it all in the mind?
    Yes. Even flat Platt Fields has a hill in it, at about 3.2 km as you approach the Costume Museum in the corner of the park. No doubt York has one somewhere too.