Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Park Runs Destructive ?

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Hi Martin,
    I probably saw you as I was there briefly yesterday...definitely cold and wet conditions making it interesting for the runners. Likely I'll be there NYD so be good to see you again, fingers crossed for drier conditions!
    Lynne
    Was definitely interesting conditions Lynne and, as you say, there will hopefully be drier conditions for NYD. I must admit I was in awe of those who ran just in t-shirt & shorts (I got as far as removing my gloves on the final lap!).

Big well done Mike Jones on his completing his 250th parkrun today at Burnage .I believe it was his and Altrincham ADAC team mate Colin Jone's 3rd of the year .
    Well done Mike & Swoop.

Lancaster starts next Saturday

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/lancaster/

Quote Originally Posted by Martins Mrs View Post
    Lancaster starts next Saturday

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/lancaster/
    There's a trial run this afternoon

Yes Bill, on our way to 56 in the year. I have sent this to Parkrun HQ:

I ran my 55th parkrun of the year at Wilmslow on Boxing Day, the second successive year I have managed the maximum. With 52 Saturdays in the year and the chance to run an extra parkrun on Christmas Day, and two extra ones on New Year’s Day, the maximum that can be run in a year is 55. Or so I thought, until Don Bullough pointed out that some years there are 53 Saturdays.
    This got me thinking whether it would be possible to run 56 parkruns in a year.
    This is what I came up with:
    Whenever New Year’s Day falls on a Saturday there will be 53 Saturdays in that year but the maximum number of parkruns will still be 55 - Two on New Year’s Day (a Saturday), one on Christmas Day (a Sunday) and one on each of the remaining 52 Saturdays.
    However, if 2nd January falls on a Saturday in a leap year there will be 53 Saturdays that year and it will still be possible to run two extra parkruns on New Year’s Day (a Friday) and another on Christmas Day (a Sunday), making a total of 56 parkruns in the year!
    So, are you ready?
    2nd January 2016 is a Saturday and it is a leap year, so it is possible to run 56 parkruns this year!
    I will be having a try and, if all goes well, will also run my 250th parkrun on Saturday 3rd September.
    By my calculations this opportunity will only come along every 28 years. Therefore this is the first time it has occurred since parkrun began and will not come along again until 2044 (by which time I will be 94!)

Mike & I ran Hit The Trail on Sunday to make it 4 in 3 days!
    Colin Davies (Swoop)

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post

I ran my 55th parkrun of the year at Wilmslow on Boxing Day, the second successive year I have managed the maximum. With 52 Saturdays in the year and the chance to run an extra parkrun on Christmas Day, and two extra ones on New Year’s Day, the maximum that can be run in a year is 55. Or so I thought, until Don Bullough pointed out that some years there are 53 Saturdays.
    Whenever New Year’s Day falls on a Saturday there will be 53 Saturdays in that year but the maximum number of parkruns will still be 55 - Two on New Year’s Day (a Saturday), one on Christmas Day (a Sunday) and one on each of the remaining 52 Saturdays.
    However, if 2nd January falls on a Saturday in a leap year there will be 53 Saturdays that year and it will still be possible to run two extra parkruns on New Year’s Day (a Friday) and another on Christmas Day (a Sunday), making a total of 56 parkruns in the year!
    So, are you ready?
    2nd January 2016 is a Saturday and it is a leap year, so it is possible to run 56 parkruns this year!
    I will be having a try and, if all goes well, will also run my 250th parkrun on Saturday 3rd September.
    By my calculations this opportunity will only come along every 28 years. Therefore this is the first time it has occurred since parkrun began and will not come along again until 2044 (by which time I will be 94!)

Colin Davies (Swoop)
    September will also be the 120th Anniversary of The Winterhill Mass Trespass.
    As you may be aware I am organizing a run to celebrate this ,already got some celebrities lined up �� but you are defo invited Swoop ,details to be confirmed but a certain amount of Ale �� drinking will be involved as it goes from one pub to another (and back for the distance/greedy burgers��).
    Please be aware Grouse shooting takes place on Winterhill ..You have been warned for your own safety ��
    Chap called George Henderson was killed awhile back .��

So, are you ready?

Colin Davies (Swoop)
    You could have managed 57 parkruns Swoop if you'd done the Lancaster trial last Sunday afternoon, 36 runners on Sunday, I'm guessing there could be a few more on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    You could have managed 57 parkruns Swoop if you'd done the Lancaster trial last Sunday afternoon, 36 runners on Sunday, I'm guessing there could be a few more on Saturday
    Hope all goes well at Lancaster on Saturday. I am tail running at Wilmslow.

Hope all goes well at Lancaster on Saturday. I am tail running at Wilmslow.
    Is that as a warm up for Greater Manchester Cross country in the afternoon at Leverhulme Park Bolton Swoop?
    Don't forget it's Northern Masters trail races (5k & 10k)set in beautiful woodlands from Smithills Sports centre also in Bolton at 11am on Sunday ,guest runners are allowed (but won't get prizes ��) £3 Bargain .

I am tail running at Wilmslow.
    Will you have a tall tale to tell afterwards?
    Fox Avatar "Protected" by Hester Cox - Printmaker