Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: Are Park Runs Destructive ?

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Dishley parkrun Loughborough continues to attract fast people from fell running clubs, presumably desperate to find 5km of totally flat running. Today's results show the fastest finisher being Joseph Dugdale of Cumberland Fell Runners, with second place being taken by Harry Bolton of Keswick AC. They are very welcome here, but do they need to travel so far to find flat running? Should someone start a Silloth parkrun?
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    So he was actually taking it easy, going around our flat (if somewhat uneven) 5km in 17:33. Although it didn't look like "taking it easy", the way he and a few others went off at the start.
    NO that's probably about where he is these days. He hasn't been "competitive" for a few years.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonykay View Post
    Dishley parkrun Loughborough continues to attract fast people from fell running clubs, presumably desperate to find 5km of totally flat running. Today's results show the fastest finisher being Joseph Dugdale of Cumberland Fell Runners, with second place being taken by Harry Bolton of Keswick AC. They are very welcome here, but do they need to travel so far to find flat running? Should someone start a Silloth parkrun?
    I have now ascertained that these two Cumbrians haven't travelled here just for the parkrun , they are now students at Loughborough University.

When the Dishley parkrun was started last Summer, there was speculation that once the University term started, we would see some very fast times with Loughborough students turning up. It hasn't really happened; there have been only 3 sub-16 first finishers so far.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Having scorned parkruns for years, in 2016 I dipped my toe in and am now fully committed. I like flat fast ones and ones like a fell race.
    Did my 100th today at Chevin Forest, and it's like a Fell race. If you've got limited time and want some speed work - they are great.