Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Achilles problems

Super Moderator

Re: Achillies treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    So what you're all saying is.... I need to get off my arse and do some exercises rather than looking for a magic cure?

DT - It hasn't been right since that bloody duo-in-the-dark thingy!
    Probably running up and down Whernside before the duo didn't help... Either that or didn't have enough Landlord afterwards. It has excellent anti-inflammatory properties

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Probably running up and down Whernside before the duo didn't help... Either that or didn't have enough Landlord afterwards. It has excellent anti-inflammatory properties

it will be the landlord it's drug qualitys are great i find it stops the swelling..
    ssshhh don't let christoper leigh read this i will be slated

You know I haven't got much fleece so ticks are not an issue!

waddle waddle

What's interesting about that article is that it says that achillies injuries are common in over 40's - I was 40 last December. Achillies injuries are caused by weak calves, I tore / strained my calf about 6 weeks prior to knackering my achillies in late Feb.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    What's interesting about that article is that it says that achillies injuries are common in over 40's - I was 40 last December. Achillies injuries are caused by weak calves, I tore / strained my calf about 6 weeks prior to knackering my achillies in late Feb.

The excercises were recommended by someone who was in exactly the same position as you i.e. in his 40s, injured for months, getting fed up but no sure what to do after trying Deep Heat, rest, Neurophens, icing etc. He said that he got into doing the excercises whenever he had a few minutes and encouraged me to try with good results.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    it will be the landlord it's drug qualitys are great i find it stops the swelling..
    ssshhh don't let christoper leigh read this i will be slated
    It's very good but the dosage can be critical You need enough for good results but not too much. Running wth KCAC will give you plenty of chance to get it right. Many of their members are experts with it

It's very good but the dosage can be critical You need enough for good results but not too much. Running wth KCAC will give you plenty of chance to get it right. Many of their members are experts with it

yes i have noticed this fine art, so therefore i will have to practice it at least once a week from now on... hope you tripping was worth it

My achilles injury is finally (touch wood) showing signs of a remarkable recovery, having been running on it with lots of post run pain for a good 18 months. I guess being unable to run for a couple of months with my knee (aka the knee of doom) has helped but, saying that, my achilles hurt like the bejasus after my first attempt at a comeback run. And ditto the next couple of runs too.

But then, in maybe a eureka moment, I noticed something really strange about how I was running uphill on that achilles on my right foot; almost without realising it, I always seemed to be running on tip toe on this foot on climbs which just may have been putting some kind of extra pressure on the achilles. Since that 'discovery' I've pointedly been running more flat footed on hill climbs and, maybe coincidentally or maybe directly because of this, my achilles has just stopped hurting and the swelling on it has really reduced in size.

Achilles/Heel pain

Hi,

I've been having really frustrating pain in my heel/achilles, and wondered if anyone had had similar, and what the best thing to do is. It hurts at the back/slightly inside my heel at about the level of the top of my shoe. Its really bad going uphill or traversing. It doesn't hurt at all without shoes on, or when stretching (just hurts with any shoe, but some worse than others). It all started after a weekend walking in some really stiff walking boots.
    I've done the usual (ice, ibuprofen) and tried padding my heel. I've booked physio for Thursday, but am I wasting my money? Training for BG this year, but worried I am going to do some real damage by keeping training

cheers
    Becky

Re: Achilles/Heel pain

Try making two cuts through the heel of the shoe, one each side of the achilles, down to the top of the heel cup. This reduces the pressure on the heel and the achilles.

I had a bout of achilles trouble, and its the first thing I do to all new pairs of shoes.