Thread: 1000m Peaks...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

1000m Peaks...

Is it to become one THE hardest fell race in the country, adding Glyder Fawr would make it a considerably bigger run...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-11375937

Re: 1000m Peaks...

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Is it to become one THE hardest fell race in the country, adding Glyder Fawr would make it a considerably bigger run...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-n...wales-11375937
    Confirmed...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/out...-mountain.html

Hope they keep the route for the race though, but there are some very good and rough lines to be had off the back of Glyder Fach...

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Confirmed...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/out...-mountain.html

Hope they keep the route for the race though, but there are some very good and rough lines to be had off the back of Glyder Fach...
    Ignore that last comment....obvious flaw in taking those lines...

I think the addition of Glyder Fawr will make the race route much better. If from C Dafydd the route goes down to Ogwen and up Glyder Fawr and to Pen y Pass, this will take out that long tarmac lane. There will be a small amount of extra climb.
    Yiannis

I heard the other day that the organisers were considering posponing next years race!!!
    i think there are two route options available.either go from Carnedd Dafydd down to ogwen lake via cwm lloer track from Pen yr ole wen and not the direct route as this would be a bit too dangerous for runners.through cwm idwal up the devils kitchen path to llyn y cwn and then the same route as the peris to pen to pass.this could work well with the short race too.or from llyn caseg fraith,over Glyder Fach around castell y gwynt to glyder fawr and down to pen y pass the same way as the peris race,this one could be a bit more tricky nav wise though

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I heard the other day that the organisers were considering posponing next years race!!!
    i think there are two route options available.either go from Carnedd Dafydd down to ogwen lake via cwm lloer track from Pen yr ole wen and not the direct route as this would be a bit too dangerous for runners.through cwm idwal up the devils kitchen path to llyn y cwn and then the same route as the peris to pen to pass.this could work well with the short race too.or from llyn caseg fraith,over Glyder Fach around castell y gwynt to glyder fawr and down to pen y pass the same way as the peris race,this one could be a bit more tricky nav wise though
    Yeah we were talking about this yesterday, down Pen Yr Ole Wen South ridge and up Gribin would be around the quickest wouldn't it? Be great if that was allowed. Very rough though. Otherwise think it would go via llyn Y Cwn.

I think it'll either stay as was or go the same way and then around Glyder Fach, the nav Fach to Fawr is easy enough and then pick up the Peris.