Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: would you eat horse meat ...

would you eat horse meat ...

... if you could easily find it ?

I've eaten it many times in the past, also raw, before moving to a country where it's hard to find.
    I was surprised the other night Ramsay promoted it on tv and got badly criticized in the press today.

I discussed it today at work and became very unpopular. Better not to mention dogs then... .

Would you / do you / have you eat horses meat ?

Re: would you eat horse meat .

I haven't no and probably wouldn't but that's maybe because I have owned horses and still ride and care for them??

The whole meat eating thing is a huge debate really - pigs are intelligent animals for example and it is an ongoing argument for eliminating pork from our diets. I used to work on a pig farm when alot younger but I still eat pork so what's the difference between horse and pig?

you could say that if everyone is a vegetarian then there would be very few pigs/sheep/cows (except dairy) etc in the sense that on the majority of farms these animals are bred purely for meat.

Horses however, are used for purposes foremost to eating!
    IMO!!

I've tried it in France. Didn't think it was particularly nice to be honest!

I had a horse steak many years ago in France. Now vegetarian (not as a direct consequence) so answer now is obvious.
    But... a question to meat eaters out there.... If you're happy to eat cattle, deer, chicken, pork etc what's so bad about horse meat? Compared your average broiler chicken, at least the horse gets some exercise & fresh air, is not force-fed & stuffed with anti-biotics during it's shortened life. Indeed, it's probably a fairly healthy source of meat, at a guess?

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    I had a horse steak many years ago in France. Now vegetarian (not as a direct consequence) so answer now is obvious.
    But... a question to meat eaters out there.... If you're happy to eat cattle, deer, chicken, pork etc what's so bad about horse meat? Compared your average broiler chicken, at least the horse gets some exercise & fresh air, is not force-fed & stuffed with anti-biotics during it's shortened life. Indeed, it's probably a fairly healthy source of meat, at a guess?
    My 'guess' would be it's old 'dobbin' fit for the knackers yard on the butchers block as oppose to this years Badmintons winner?!!! Doubt you'd get a horse worth half a million on your plate!

But, you're right. If you eat cow pig sheep, what's wrong with Fido, Dobbin and bambi?!!

Good point.
    My guess is they would say horses look pretty so thinking to eat them gives you a bad feeling. Cows and chicken look stupid and ugly...

I also think chocolate looks ugly and not intelligent. But I still love eating it.

Yes. What else are horses usefull for except to be eaten

Eaten it once and it was lovely, but can't find it anywhere in Morrisons . If I had a bit of Dobbin to chew on instead of bloody pineapple rings, would have finished the Dragons Back a day early
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.

I have eaten horse meat sveral times. It tastes great. Any meat is good to eat. Still awaiting my butcher to get me some Ostrach meat. When in there he added my order to someones crocodile meat order and kangeroo meat order.
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Nah!!

Venison for me.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.