Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Torys Child Benefit Changes

Master

Re: Torys Child Benefit Change

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Which (despite CL's inability to read and poor attempts at a wind-up) is exactly what I would do. Welfare should be for those in exceptional hardship as a last ditch safety net, not a lifestyle you choose
    I noticed a reduction in your hostility towards me tonight. That's nice, but there is some way to go.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    I agree Chris - I would dismantle the whole thing - and then we would probably differ as I would start with something more realistic and something that impels the vast majority to do something for themselves.

I've been on the Isle of Benbecula in the Outer Hebrides today. The fish processing plant here of a local Salmon Producer has a majority of Bulgarian workers. Nothing against those guys - they are only here though because local employers cannot get some of our bone idle population to do a days work.
    We have a similar situation all over the country.

Before the minimum wage, people used to quite happily work in factories for £3 - £4 per hour, go on holiday, own a home. Now we have the minimum wage, many won't get out of bed for it.

When you here that the Tories put a cap on benefits of 26K per annum it explains why. 1 working adults on minimum wage will get a net income of less than 20K per year so the typical benefit household is on the equivalent of both parents on around £17K per year if they were in paid work.
    If you want to impel people to do something for themselves, then you have to remove their reliance on benefits by removing those benefits.

Every government over the last 40 years or so have claimed to be doing something about people claiming benefits, but in reality they have increased the number of benefit recipients. They know that the benefit system is the key to gaining more power over their subjects. Their aim is to turn us all in to welfare recipients, thus making each one of us dependent on them for any small scrap they may throw our way.

We've only got ourselves to blame for the mess we're in, although I know it is convenient for the blame to fall on the bankers. We allow the government to take our goodwill and use it against us in the name of a saftey net.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeathens View Post
    Which (despite CL's inability to read and poor attempts at a wind-up) is exactly what I would do. Welfare should be for those in exceptional hardship as a last ditch safety net, not a lifestyle you choose
    That's it with the victims of the Comprachicos. They end up unwittingly 'sucking upto' the very people who disfigured them.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    That's it with the victims of the Comprachicos. They end up unwittingly 'sucking upto' the very people who disfigured them.
    You seem quite obsessed with the Comprachicos; I worry about you sometimes. However, the chemical castration debate is for another thread on another day.