Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fan Fawr

Re: Fan Fawr

Yup, with the burgeoning fields in the Winter league our amateur recording systems have been outgrown, we will have to look to improve things for next year. I expect one such system will be on show at the Loaf this weekend. I await events........

And thanks for everybody's forebearance.

Re: Fan Fawr

Not chip timing at a fell race I trust? :-)

HEY EVERYBODY!!!! It is the 25th anniversary of the race next weekend!
    Although Toffer has made a new challenge of getting there (advanced cycle/car/tarmac high velocity interface scenario), He will be on hand to organise, announce results, give prizes etc. Be there or be square! I have it on good authority that it will still be a stripped back event....good ole feral fellrunning. So no complaints about lack of high tech etc etec etc!

Cheers, Wheeze.
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

More info at the South Wales Winter Hill Series Twitter feed https://twitter.com/SW_WHS

details also here (also the rest of the Winter Series).

Have to admit I read a previous comment as "chimp timing". Then thought. Yeah, that'll work.....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

Oh, effin ell. Not flaming twatter AS WELL???! Not content with t'interweb, Bookface and sundry other electronic onanism, we now have enags on the blo*dy phone too?!!

Right. The race fee will be in groats. Entry forms can be etched slates or bloody thumbprints on parchment. No Lycra/pertex/primary colours. Racers in hobnail boots will get a 5 minute head start. Walsh wearers, 6 minutes. Arseovate/salmon/lessmile etc etc wearers will have to carry a 10lb rock in their bumbag.

Grump factor 10!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeze View Post
    Right. The race fee will be in groats. Entry forms can be etched slates or bloody thumbprints on parchment. No Lycra/pertex/primary colours. Racers in hobnail boots will get a 5 minute head start. Walsh wearers, 6 minutes. Arseovate/salmon/lessmile etc etc wearers will have to carry a 10lb rock in their bumbag.
    !
    Absolutely, none of your modern nonsense here. Turn up at the Burger van, run to the top, run back down, you might even get a 25th Anniversary prize, provided you adhere to the above rules. And for your additional pleasure a nice young lady from cambridge university is doing some research on hill running performance and will ask you for your shoe size and measure your lower leg length, no research, no prize! You may also find out why you are rubbish at running uphill.........

Thanks Toffer and Wheeze, thoroughly enjoyed getting my inside leg measurements taken by that young lady from Cambridge... The fell race was also pretty good... ;-)

Many thanks both for Fan Fawr on Saturday. Great fun, well organised and a very generous 25th anniversary prize for us all. Sensible approach to kit regs as well; nice to be able to run un-fettered and bumbag-free! Cheers.

Thanks Ed, glad you enjoyed it.
    If you scrutinise rules and regs, you will see that extra kit is only compulsory for AM and above.
    Personally, I never notice a bumbag so it goes on whatever the race.

Feral fellrunning is alive and well!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth