Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576

Thread: Tonight's headtorcher

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    Do they come in celeste Graham?
    Nah. Just black as the night.

I used to do night races. I had a decent Petzl and one night a much slower runner on a very rocky descent from Simon's Seat went past me as if I was standing still as their portable sun lit up the path, after which I was cast back into the outer darkness. Ian Holmes and all the fast guys were running with a Hope and I realised why. Hope are pricy but either you want to race to your ability or you don't. They are not particularly advantageous on climbs (running slower, closer to other runners) - but races are won on descents.

IIRC the people who founded Hope worked at Rolls Royce in Barnoldswick and Hope are engineered to last. I have had mine for around 12 years and I have had one new battery.

Obviously it fits on my bike and I just have to live with the colour clash.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Hope is to headtorches as...Bianchi is to bikes.
    I agree. I keep wanting a new one but my original is just still too good to justify it. It must be about thirteen years old.

Quote Originally Posted by millipede View Post
    I agree. I keep wanting a new one but my original is just still too good to justify it. It must be about thirteen years old.
    Mmmh. Thirteen years. I am wondering now if it was you who went past me descending Simon's Seat and lit up my life?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

I have broken my Silva Trail Runner headtorch, over 5 years old so out of warranty, but sent it to the friendly staff in Edinburgh to see if they could fix it. They couldn't. The battery is fine but won't fit the new model.

I was flirting with the recommendation of Mr Breeze and the Hope, but, Silva advise me that one of their retailers, Absolute Snow, have the new model, Trail Runner Free Ultra, on offer at £58.95, a saving of 58% on the usual price of £127.95.

Having found my previous Silva could do everything I wanted it to do I have fallen for their sales pitch. A bargain!
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    I have broken my Silva Trail Runner headtorch, over 5 years old so out of warranty, but sent it to the friendly staff in Edinburgh to see if they could fix it. They couldn't. The battery is fine but won't fit the new model.

I was flirting with the recommendation of Mr Breeze and the Hope, but, Silva advise me that one of their retailers, Absolute Snow, have the new model, Trail Runner Free Ultra, on offer at £58.95, a saving of 58% on the usual price of £127.95.

Having found my previous Silva could do everything I wanted it to do I have fallen for their sales pitch. A bargain!
    Hrm I had been putting off replacing my teenage Hope light until next winter (I told myself that last year too!), the duct tape repair is still holding out after all. This is a good deal though LB. Thanks for the "heads up".