Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's headtorcher

Super Moderator

Re: Tonight's headtorcher

Belting start to the 'winter' last night. Nearly 8miles on the Bronte moors from Haworth with the club followed by refreshment in the Old Hall. Good to see Brett back running and sunnysideup and millipede out. Aunty Sally was also running, with his dog Galileo. Poor Galileo had to stop every hundred yards or so to empty his bowels but then AS has that effect on a lot of people as well :closed:
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Can I just say here and now that Galilao is a fricking stupid name for a dog

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Belting start to the 'winter' last night. Nearly 8miles on the Bronte moors from Haworth with the club followed by refreshment in the Old Hall. Good to see Brett back running and sunnysideup and millipede out. Aunty Sally was also running, with his dog Galileo. Poor Galileo had to stop every hundred yards or so to empty his bowels but then AS has that effect on a lot of people as well :closed:
    Dark Peaks Second "winter torch run" last night... Awesome. I ran in a vest and shorts, no thermals, no wind proof!(In my bumbag of course). 2 hours 20 over Fairbrook to Kinder Gates across to Red Brook a rain down to Mermaids pond and back over Kinder to the Northern edge, down the other Red Brook and along to Lady Clough. 28 out last night.
    The sky was really clear, more so than usual and the Milky way was emblazened across the sky. one of my best night runs ever

Super Moderator

I think we had about 20 folks for our run Ian and you're right, it was an amazing evening for a run out. I had a t-shirt and shorts on, but wished I'd gone with a vest. Would have been a perfect night for barearsed running

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    I think we had about 20 folks for our run Ian and you're right, it was an amazing evening for a run out. I had a t-shirt and shorts on, but wished I'd gone with a vest. Would have been a perfect night for barearsed running
    Mermaids pond, Using my new lenser nose torch...!

Attachment 5171

Sunset at Fairbrook Naze
    Attachment 5172

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Dark Peaks Second "winter torch run" last night... Awesome. I ran in a vest and shorts, no thermals, no wind proof!(In my bumbag of course). 2 hours 20 over Fairbrook to Kinder Gates across to Red Brook a rain down to Mermaids pond and back over Kinder to the Northern edge, down the other Red Brook and along to Lady Clough. 28 out last night.
    The sky was really clear, more so than usual and the Milky way was emblazened across the sky. one of my best night runs ever
    Ian, were you at Mermaid's Pool around 8.15pm? I was coming down the path from Sandy Heys down towards Benny's Bridge & then over Middle Moor back to Hayfield. Saw a few lights over towards Red Brook, Mermaid's Pool area.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
    Ian, were you at Mermaid's Pool around 8.15pm? I was coming down the path from Sandy Heys down towards Benny's Bridge & then over Middle Moor back to Hayfield. Saw a few lights over towards Red Brook, Mermaid's Pool area.
    Sounds about right we set off from Birchins clough at 6.45 and went to Fairbrook Naze-Kinder gates and then red brook, there were 27 of us so if it was only a few lights then no, if it looked like lots then yes, the picture above is taken from the spring looking down to the pond.

Super Moderator

Stef and I have been out for a headtorch-powered night hike in the Strid Woods: Barden Bridge to Cav Pav and back. Lovely evening to be out!

7 Strollers out and about at Penshaw Woods and Monument.......great fun, first time out for a few and they all 'enjoyed' it. Did 5 hilly miles but felt like 8!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nee Bother View Post
    7 Strollers out and about at Penshaw Woods and Monument.......great fun, first time out for a few and they all 'enjoyed' it. Did 5 hilly miles but felt like 8!!
    Ours was about 5 miles too and hilly (well bumpy anyway); but it felt like 50!
    Impossible is nothing!
    My blog