Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhobell Fawr

Re: Rhobell fawr

Llanfachreth is a lovely little village, worth the visit.
    Yiannis

Yeah not looking forwards to it at all, my last short race was Siabod in July, sounds too runnable this one. Doubling up with the Border League race tommorrow.

Alright Rodders,

Aye they give you a map.

Nice route - steady, fast runnable gradient the whole route, half the route is off the hill - up through woods and then dirt track.......route finding is possibly one of easiest ever - i.e. keep to lhs of wall all way to summit, saying that last year someone continued to follow wall over and on after the summit and ended up in Bala!!

And finally - get there early as parking will be a bit of a mare.....
    Hi Math,thanks for that,see you tomorrow.

Yeah not looking forwards to it at all, my last short race was Siabod in July, sounds too runnable this one. Doubling up with the Border League race tommorrow.
    Hi Iain,at least you have run at all I have been on the bike alot recently,i've decided to do the British NPS mountain bike series next year so running has been put on the back burner ! Although a runnable run suits me better than a scramble,like the bloody Y Garn (great race mind)

See ya tomorrow

What a great race to end the season. Well done to everyone, esp organisers, marshall etc. Also well done Clwydian runnners who finished a hard season off with wins in several catagories.
    Why don't you look me in the eye when when you're talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    What a great race to end the season. Well done to everyone, esp organisers, marshall etc. Also well done Clwydian runnners who finished a hard season off with wins in several catagories.
    What do you mean 'finished off a hard season'??? Rhobell Fawr was the first of 3 races and winter is when the going gets tough and the tough get going! Or are you putting your feet up until the spring?

Rhobell Fawr

Hi everyone! Just wondered if anyone out there is running this next week? Especially anyone coming up from/ through W Wales as driving up from near Carmarthen. Very new to fell running, but fancied doing the Meirionnydd Winter series this year as a far more interesting alternative to "club cross country races" (ie not cross country at all, but running 3-4 times around a playing field). Legs likely to be still heavy after last week's Snowdon mara so not expecting too much, except fun!! Only real experience of fell running so far is Ras y Gader last year and a bit of training for that in the Presselis, so any advice gratefull received!

Re: Rhobell Fawr

I've not done this one before but may have a wonder over from shropshire next weekend .

Nice race,straight up and down.Easy nav,follow the wall/fence.
    I will be digging the fell shoes out for this next sat
    Looking forward to it.

Like a day in the park!!

Cheers guys, see you soon