Re: Kinder Dozen

oh and can someone please tell me who devised this delight of a route

its not one of mr howies inventions is it

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    oh and can someone please tell me who devised this delight of a route

its not one of mr howies inventions is it
    one of the few that isn't.

It and many others were devised by Ken Jones who is a respected Dark Peaker who hasn't missed most of the long peak classics for many a year. For his birthday run we jog round the Skyline. He regularly runs round kinder.

He's probably done the Skyline 60+ times, now thats committment to recceing.

Daz if you are interested Ken gives out certificates for successful completions I can send you his address...

Unless Ken has moved since the booklets were printed, we have his details thanks Ian.

The Killer is on the plan for sometime over the next couple of months. These routes really help you to orientate yourself on the plateau. I may well come back to you Ian for more of these delightful routes!

I'm really pleased with how the Dozen went, and how I feel today - managed a 4 mile, 800ft outing without any problems. Tracklogs says we did 22.9 miles (from the carpark in Edale and back) and 9,600ft ascent.

Well done Lads, very timely given the way the weather has been.... and I guess the whole day was kind & dry, if a little wet underfoot following the last few weeks of almost non-stop rain!!!!

I guess it will be the 15 Trigs next then???? another less than gentle "Dark Peak & KFR" classic! (keep me posted if so, I might just tag along)

Keep this up and you’ll both be in excellent BG shape come June...
    Miss Muddy Paws Dad....
    Not clever & often stupid..

Master and MR

oh well its a fantastic route Ian. And yes i agree with andy , its given me a much better idea of the kinder area.

15 trigs OMG LUVSHACK IS THAT A ROUTE

Master and MR

oh and thanks to ken jones for the creation
    60 times around the skyline, it ceases to amaze me some of the characters that are involved in this wonderful sport of ours.

Well done Daz & Marvin - sounds like you had a great day out. Probably a good idea not to go up to the Lakes judging by the weather forecast.

Great day out today

Went round solo (billy no mates ) Had a great time Set off about 7.30 from the Snake Inn, was a bit worried I didn't take enough clothes as it was quite cool at this time. Soon warmed up though and kept up a good pace. I know the first bit really well so no map or compass was needed, Made Crookstone Knoll in just over 1.30 minutes, Pretty sure I saw an adder on Nether Moor, first of the year.

First stop was at Edale which is about half way in 3.16, I had a big feed and a 10 minute break before pushing on, The weather was fantastic with a cooling wind, just down to the minimum of clothing, Thought about going the whole way and doing a Luvshack but there were too many young girls about doing D of E and besides I'm not that pretty

Found the descent of Gindslow Knoll very rough and hard. The drop down from the woolpacks though is still one of my favorites and stopped for a chat with some Park Rangers before pushing on.

Got to Edale cross and I was so excited it was the first flat bit I'd seen all day so I set off with a spring in my step and due to pilot error ran past Harry Moor Ford before I realised Turn round and headed back up hill. Took a good line to the Mermaids pond but it must have been too warm as she was absent.

A good stiff climb up to Sandy Heys Trig and down to River Ashop, Checked the watch and saw a sub 8 hours on the cards so started to push.

20 minute later I was on the Naze and 11 minutes after that I'd finished

A quick dip in the river to cool the legs and then home.

Time 7.36
    Distance 22 miles
    Height a shade under 10,000ft
    Sunburn yes
    Legs feel really good, Not sure what I'm going to do tommorrow though.

That was a good outing. I'm quite envious. I'd love to have been out running today, but illness prevented it.

See how we go on tomorrow IDP, a few only going half way. Should be good fun, pity we didn't know you were out today.