Thread: Walsh Spirit Peak Insoles!

Walsh Spirit Peak Insoles!

I love these shoes! They grip surprisingly well in mud and the like and are comfortable and supportive to boot. The only problem I have with them is the wafer thin insoles keep trying to escape by sliding backwards and climbing out past my heels.
    I went to the Walsh HQ, which is in my home town of Bolton, and explained the problem. The guy there said I wasn't the first to experience that and he cut me a pair of thicker insoles there and then at no cost.
    Today they had their maiden voyage at the Passing Clouds race and felt great. What I hadn't noticed, until I came to take my shoes off, was that these had also climbed out of the shoe and were half way up the back of my leg!
    Has anyone else experienced this and solved the problem? I would be grateful for any advice as I plan on wearing these for the Wuthering Hike. After the 32 miles of that event they will have crawled to the top of my head if I can't find a solution!

Re: Walsh Spirit Peak Insoles!

Never used walsh shoes, but I've put a bit of double sided tape under insoles with success.

Quote Originally Posted by Comfortably_Numb View Post
    I love these shoes! They grip surprisingly well in mud and the like and are comfortable and supportive to boot. The only problem I have with them is the wafer thin insoles keep trying to escape by sliding backwards and climbing out past my heels.
    I went to the Walsh HQ, which is in my home town of Bolton, and explained the problem. The guy there said I wasn't the first to experience that and he cut me a pair of thicker insoles there and then at no cost.
    Today they had their maiden voyage at the Passing Clouds race and felt great. What I hadn't noticed, until I came to take my shoes off, was that these had also climbed out of the shoe and were half way up the back of my leg!
    Has anyone else experienced this and solved the problem? I would be grateful for any advice as I plan on wearing these for the Wuthering Hike. After the 32 miles of that event they will have crawled to the top of my head if I can't find a solution!
    Yes they did the same for me but only on steep descents, I've had no other problems though.

Similar idea to Paul, I know Zamerland used to use velcro on their insoles, Buy some self adhesive velcro tabs and position it just central of the ball of your foot. at least you can still remove insoles when drying

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Yes they did the same for me but only on steep descents, I've had no other problems though.

Similar idea to Paul, I know Zamerland used to use velcro on their insoles, Buy some self adhesive velcro tabs and position it just central of the ball of your foot. at least you can still remove insoles when drying
    Thanks for that, I'll hunt some down and give them a try.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

worn them once for ten miles, jury is still out but no problems with insoles
    Coniv-8 not knowingly evidenced to improve performance

Why do you need insoles in the first place? Whip 'em out and go for a run see what you think...

Super Moderator

If you need to wear insoles just have a fiddle about with any other shoes you have lying about and find some that fit The good thing is you can take them out. The insoles in Walsh PBs are stuck in