Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tripping up & falling over

Master

Re: Tripping up & falling ove

I went through a phase of blaming my shoes for trips - I am still not convinced they are entirely innocent - if they are longer in the toe or stickier at the front I suspect it makes tripping more likely - I am thinking of the Mizuno Wave Harriers - otherwise an excellent shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T View Post
    I went through a phase of blaming my shoes for trips - I am still not convinced they are entirely innocent - if they are longer in the toe or stickier at the front I suspect it makes tripping more likely - I am thinking of the Mizuno Wave Harriers - otherwise an excellent shoe.
    Funny you should say that, I've not gone over on my ankle whilst running in years and then after buying some harriers I've gone over on the same ankle twice. Probably just a coincidence but interesting none the less....

Rob, I know Coldstone Beck - nice area, where that Burley Moor run is being held in November. Will your ankle be ok by then? I like Wave Harriers, although I've also noticed their ankle-turning abilities. The sole seems very flexible to me, moreso than other shoes - would that contribute to ankle turning? I wish their sole was a bit more aggresive, I notice now the moor is turning more muddy that I'm sliding around a bit...

pb - I'm hoping to be better by then, although I'll have to enter on the day now. I've already been out running since, but not off road as yet.

That's one of my favourite running spots up there. I've just bought some walsh's to see how I go with them, and I'll be able to give a better opinion then.

Any way of spotting fellow forumites at these events? Is it a bit naff to scribble your 'name' on a race number??

Quote Originally Posted by plodding bear View Post
    Any way of spotting fellow forumites at these events? Is it a bit naff to scribble your 'name' on a race number??
    So is that not you in your avatar?

We should arrange to congregate somewhere beforehand to do all the howdy do's etc... If I'm running I'll be wearing a Horsforth harriers vest anyway if that helps.

No Rob, I've put weight on since that photo was taken!
    Pardon my higgerance, but wot's a Horsforth Harriers vest look like? I know a few of them now, but that one escapes me...

Blue and white and says "Horsforth Harriers" on the front

Strangely I can't find a decent pic anywhere.....

I agree with the previous posts that tiredness tends to cause me to trip over nothing. A friend swears that he saw me trip over a bird dropping whilst running across a bridge even though I maintain that there was a pothole (admittedly I couldn't find it to prove it to him). Lack of concentration seems to be a factor too. I managed a fell race with a dodgy ankle by concentrating really hard only to then turn it over whilst I was putting my jumper on in the carpark...what's that about??? I was stood still!

Tripping over incidents happen in direct proportion to the number of other people that are around me to witness it. I rarely fall when I'm running on my own but if I meet walkers while out running then it seems I always fall over, usually in a heap right in front of them! If I run with other people I tend to trip over too - I can't multi task and speaking to someone else and concentrating where I place my feet is akin to rubbing my belly while patting my head