Page 19 of 185 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Tour of Pendle

Re: Full Tour of Pendle

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Swoop, you must have a sore neck with all that looking backwards to see if Martin's Mrs was catching you!
    Luckily I didn't need to. I knew she was there from everyone shouting, "Go on Kath!"
    Thanks for the results Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    Attachment 825

Is this how you are looking to lose the two stone Amex? Towing people round Pendle.
    I think Martin's Mrs should be given a time penalty!
    :
    Love it Swoop!!
    i look 20 stone in that pic tho
    Going to try again....

Had a look at the results this morning - there were some very good performances particulary by forumites - NOURH, Swoop, Martins Mrs & Flatfoot to name a few.
    It was cold as usual marshalling at the trig (CP10), but the demand for water, coffee, jelly babies & flapjack was higher than previous years (but not surprising given the excellent turnout).
    An excellent run by Lloyd Taggart to break the record - will it tempt Rob Jebb back next year to try to get it back?

I took a few photos (mostly CLEM) which I'll pass to Martin tonight for the web site - some of the early ones near Buttock Farm have got groups of runners - so if you were anywhere near an orange hooped vest I might have got you. I certainly got one fell pony!!

Being my 1st long race and only my 3rd long run ever 3:28 well pleased me. My goal was just to finish and enjoy the day, which i did both of. Well done to all who entered some amazing times. It was only 2 years ago i thought 2 mile was long hard run. Ive now caught the fell running bug cheers notonyrhelly ill buy you a beer soon pal.

Full Tour of Pendle

Is it me and I can't see it for looking

Can't find the date for this but is it not usually the 3rd weekend in November? (not got the shiny race book I'm looking at the forum races list)

Don't really want to tempt fate by entering this far in advance but it gives me at least what 6 weeks to get 'reasonably' fit again.

Just need to make sure there is no row with a stile this year

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Is it me and I can't see it for looking

Can't find the date for this but is it not usually the 3rd weekend in November? (not got the shiny race book I'm looking at the forum races list)

Don't really want to tempt fate by entering this far in advance but it gives me at least what 6 weeks to get 'reasonably' fit again.

Just need to make sure there is no row with a stile this year
    Sat 15th at 10:30 - be there or be square. I have an as yet uncompleted registration form in front of me as I type.

Usually run on the day of the FRA AGM, like you I don't have the calender in front of me so only guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    Sat 15th at 10:30 - be there or be square. I have an as yet uncompleted registration form in front of me as I type.

Thanks Stolly. I'll be there. (crosses everything)

You off doing Whernside on saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Thanks Stolly. I'll be there. (crosses everything)

You off doing Whernside on saturday?
    I might be - I'm hoping to run Snowdon (Watkin Path) on Friday and have been consistantly chickening out of racing since coming back from injury. If I don't do Whernside it'll be down to having a preloaded excuse of running up and down Snowdon the day before.... or because I'm scared of finding out just how bad my racing might now have become.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I might be - I'm hoping to run Snowdon (Watkin Path) on Friday and have been consistantly chickening out of racing since coming back from injury. If I don't do Whernside it'll be down to having a preloaded excuse of running up and down Snowdon the day before.... or because I'm scared of finding out just how bad my racing might now have become.
    Thanks Bob - you snuck in there!

Stolly it can't be as bad as mine! Perhaps we could just stay at the back taking pretty pictures!!

I tried to upload mine from yesterday but the forum album thingy kept bouncing them back and failing to upload

If anyone's up for a trot round pendle in the lead up to nov 15th give us a holla. (although it would have to be a weekend )