Page 12 of 185 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Tour of Pendle

Re: Full Tour of Pendle

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    Ok - so I'm starting to pap myself now!! I only realised earlier that this is actually TOMORROW!!!

*and I've not baked a cake *
    Yes having the same feelings myself!

Don't worry about the cakes Emm, there'll be plenty of home baked cakes at a reasonable price in the village hall

there'll be none left by the time I get there

Thumbs up Re: Full Tour of Pendle

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Keh..? Did I read or imply Muddylug's post wrong...

...after all, we are Forum-mates now ain't we...
    My uncle (a longtime fell runner but giving it a miss) is walking to checkpoint 4 with another bottle for me, so I have one for the first half and one for the second, I need plenty to fight off the cramps, baad karma.

If anyone wants my uncle to carry a second bottle for them to ckpoint 4, I'm sure he'll be glad to help out.

And a queue a mile long!

Quote Originally Posted by mudlugger View Post
    My uncle (a longtime fell runner but giving it a miss) is walking to checkpoint 4 with another bottle for me, so I have one for the first half and one for the second, I need plenty to fight off the cramps, baad karma.

If anyone wants my uncle to carry a second bottle for them to ckpoint 4, I'm sure he'll be glad to help out.
    Thanks Muddylugger, I'm hoping my bit-ill-so-not-running pal will be doing the same!

Mind, I think he's also supporting another pal of ours who's won the race before so there's more than a very high probability he may have packed up and gone home by the time I get to the checkpoints - or more likely moved up to a subsequent checkpoint

Looking at your estimated (hoped-for!) time 3:45'ish I think we probably will be quite close! I hope you've shaken off that flu-stuff you reported earlier.

I'm just finishing off a wee dram then off to sort out kit (...hmmm...just hope I can find everything!)...then an early night methinks.

Gonna be fun tomorrow eh gang! Good luck everyone...see you on the start line!
    ...there's a hill nearby missing its fool...

Thanks Muddylugger, I'm hoping my bit-ill-so-not-running pal will be doing the same!

Mind, I think he's also supporting another pal of ours who's won the race before so there's more than a very high probability he may have packed up and gone home by the time I get to the checkpoints - or more likely moved up to a subsequent checkpoint

Looking at your estimated (hoped-for!) time 3:45'ish I think we probably will be quite close! I hope you've shaken off that flu-stuff you reported earlier.

I'm just finishing off a wee dram then off to sort out kit (...hmmm...just hope I can find everything!)...then an early night methinks.

glad you doing this stick best of luck
    penguins happy feet :w00t:

Quote Originally Posted by mudlugger View Post
    there are rumours of a spring somewhere up there, complete with metal cup on chain but I aint seen it.
    I take my own, plenty of it too.
    There's the Well Springs up the Nick o Pendle - if you fancy a swift pint en route.

But good luck to everyone, wish I was there, but team manager duties and making up our depleted men's team at the Bury Red Rose XC awaits.

Looks like a good day for it.
    Last edited by Witton Park; 16-11-2007 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotOnUrHelly View Post
    Sorry Colin,

Im in Llandudno watching Deacon Blue crank out the hits at the North Wales Grand Theatre.

I'll probably watch the Scotland game in Wales and hope that the Russians do the English a favour.

B&B booked and everything, she is one lucky gal you know
    Deacon Blue!!! Sorry mate but I think I'd set off on a parade lap!

Thumbs up Re: Full Tour of Pendle

thanks stick, the flus going in the right direction but will probably come back with a vengance on sunday.
    Bloody frozen out there tonight, the dark side will be very cold tomorrow.
    see ya there.

There will be jelly babies and flapjack at checkpoint 10 (trig), but I suspect that's too late in the race to be any help!!

See all you people tomorrow - I'm quite happy to watch as you slog past the next but last check!!!