Page 131 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1846

Thread: Full Tour of Pendle

Re: Full Tour of Pendle

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherton Lad View Post
    I can see I'm going to regret this. Just an MBE (my breaking and entering), I used to hang out with this gang in East Germany before the Wall came down:

http://www.brixmis.co.uk/

You'll have to buy me a pint some time.

But back to Bosnia. If you're interested it's worth looking at James Mason's pictures, he's a good photograher. Make sure you read the comments beneath, eg the Travnik album. Gives an excellent flavour of the Balkans and a problem that hasn't gone away. All this was frozen by the Cold War and erupted when it ended. It will return.
    If you're interested (and to hijack the thread again), this is the line of work I was in:

http://wn.com/BRIXMIS

The 2 trailers 'Keep the Cold War Cold' and the Spione aus dem Westen (if you speak German, in 2 parts) give an excellent flavour.
    Last edited by Brotherton Lad; 18-03-2011 at 11:47 AM.

As I'm on the comeback trail after a very stop/start first half of 2011 what with injuries and illness, I find my thoughts turning to that fateful day in 2010 and the hardest race I've ever done. Full Tour of Pendle. Time to right a few wrongs from last year and beat the tar out of this classic. Although after circulating the famous Youtube videos from the 2009 race I can't get anybody interested in joining me from my wednesday night group...

Anybody giving early consideration to a(nother) run round the full tour(ture)?
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Christ Simon, the pain of that last climb is still with me ! The 3 Peaks is a relative walk in the park over FTOP. I may be back for another crack, not sure. At the time it was a definite no. Hope your recovery is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Christ Simon, the pain of that last climb is still with me ! The 3 Peaks is a relative walk in the park over FTOP. I may be back for another crack, not sure. At the time it was a definite no. Hope your recovery is going well.
    Ha ha! I was telling somebody last week about the last climb, and what a good job it was that I had a pal to vent my despair at as we went up it, otherwise I may have just laid down and gone to sleep! I'm like you, at the time, definite no. But I now feel there is unfinished business there for me.

Recovery going ok thanks, hope to be back running properly this week after all sorts of dietary and stomach related running issues. Food intolerance tests and various check ups these last few weeks, think (fingers crossed, touch wood, anything else that won't tempt fate!) we might have finally found the issue so building back up slowly. 2011 has been a weird one so far!

Hope you are well mate, give me a shout nearer the time if you decide to have another go and we can have a beer afterwards.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

I'll be looking to do again. The only race I do regularly (er, except last year, when I forgot when it was!!). I love it. Will probably start to 'recce' it shortly once I've got myself back into the swing of things. I don't necessarily need to know where I'm going, but certainly a cheeky run round the second half of the race from Barley is a good training session!

I'll 'Care To Join Me?' it when I go if anyone's interested.

Love it!!:w00t:
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

If Carslberg did races....

Love this, and work depending will be back for this, after missing last year as well.

Cannot wait!

Actually walked round the second half today partly in the hope of discovering that that last hill really wasn't soooo bad. Unfortunately I discovered it IS as bad as I remember - and I was only walking! Still, I will probably give it another go if only because I use the excuse of having a cold last year for struggling at the end and I need to find out how true that was.

I like the sound of this race. I might try to drive down for a looksie around.

KK

Quote Originally Posted by Latege View Post
    Actually walked round the second half today partly in the hope of discovering that that last hill really wasn't soooo bad. Unfortunately I discovered it IS as bad as I remember - and I was only walking! Still, I will probably give it another go if only because I use the excuse of having a cold last year for struggling at the end and I need to find out how true that was.
    I had a cold last year too.

It's a rock hard race, and combined with one of those days where everything felt wrong because I was a bit poorly I just never got going right from the start. I've made my mind up, I'm definitely entering.

Gary, I might take you up on that recce if I can earn enough credits with Mrs Simgreen78 in the meantime. Which is doubtful...
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

need to do this at some point... hopefully this year... better start training!!
    penguins happy feet :w00t: