Page 168 of 185 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1846

Thread: Full Tour of Pendle

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn P View Post
    p.s. on the subject of cramp, I was reading a thread the other day on some cycling forum and the guy swore by indigestion tablets like Tums or Rennies to keep cramp at bay, apparently it really works.

Don't understand that ....
    maybe he has a calcium deficiency?

First time today, absolutely blooming marvellous, and that includes hitting the wall after 12 miles and having a sit down on the way up Mearley Clough, tripping and going into cramp. Fantastic day out. Thanks to every one who put on such a cracking day out.

My first time too - a great day. Weather was perfect, although it did take a couple of hours before feeling came back to all my toes. And a t-shirt as well.

It's a full-on AL race isn't it? I think the only other AL I've done is the Edale Skyline, & Pendle felt a lot harder. All 6 climbs are really steep b*ggers, & most of them are pretty long too.

Thanks to all the organising team - a great race.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Once again a fantastically organised event by Kieran and his ever cheerful helpers, thank you one and all. We even got treated to a technical t-shirt this year, Kieran you're spoiling us, but I'm not complaining, thank you again. Belting weather and good underfoot (for pendle) which is shown in the fast times for most. I however had a nightmare and was slower than last year.... I think my legs need a rest from racing. Oh well Dave staff tomorrow?

Blimmin brilliant race, unfortunately no photos from my end, but there is, as ever, a hastily crafted and most probably overly wordy blog.
    http://testedtodestruction.blogspot....of-pendle.html

Let me know if you have any decent photos that you don't mind being published and I'll put them up.

Thanks muchly to the organisers and the supporters. A great day out for my first Long tour.

what a fantasticly organised event. A tech t-shirt too for a £7 race......congrats to kieron and the marshalls

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme78 View Post
    and that includes hitting the wall after 12 miles and having a sit down on the way up Mearley Clough, tripping and going into cramp.
    Made me smile cos I've been there, done that - just not wearing the T Shirt this year as I went with the kids to Liverpool Cross Challenge.
    It's a great race though and I'd a loved it up there today. Hope to be back next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme78 View Post
    First time today, absolutely blooming marvellous, and that includes hitting the wall after 12 miles and having a sit down on the way up Mearley Clough, tripping and going into cramp. Fantastic day out. Thanks to every one who put on such a cracking day out.
    is a ****er of a race that brings out the cramp monster ! I though managed to escape some how. I picked up some new mudclaws from Blands van thanfully there not BRIGHT yellow any more ! really worked a treat forgot how grippy new ones are

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    Once again a fantastically organised event by Kieran and his ever cheerful helpers, thank you one and all. We even got treated to a technical t-shirt this year, Kieran you're spoiling us, but I'm not complaining, thank you again. Belting weather and good underfoot (for pendle) which is shown in the fast times for most. I however had a nightmare and was slower than last year.... I think my legs need a rest from racing. Oh well Dave staff tomorrow?
    You do some racing Daz !

Super Moderator
    I've never done this event but it sounds from folks' reactions again that it is another example of a well organised and great value day out. Isn't it wonderful that in an era when £50 can be charged for a trail event in a field we can can have a proper hard run out for seven quid?
    Poacher turned game-keeper