Page 173 of 185 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1846

Thread: Full Tour of Pendle

Though this worth a mention. Today I received my t-shirt in the post - despite having had to pull out a week before the race. Very kind and much appreciated, though I may feel a fraud wearing it in public! Thank you Kieran. I will make good use of it if and when my foot gets better.
    Swa cwæð eardstapa

Just a thought on bananas, is there any real point in eating them in a race, I'd have thought they take too long to digest properly to give you much help during the race although they probably help after you've finished. I can understand it in a really long race ( Mountain marathon etc)but even if someone is running 4hours+ on Tour of Pendle they are still only moving their body across 17 miles.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boghobbit View Post
    Just a thought on bananas, is there any real point in eating them in a race, I'd have thought they take too long to digest properly to give you much help during the race although they probably help after you've finished. I can understand it in a really long race ( Mountain marathon etc)but even if someone is running 4hours+ on Tour of Pendle they are still only moving their body across 17 miles.
    I doubt bananas are worth carrying - if unripe it would take too long to access the carbs, if ripe they would be all soft/squishy and only worthwhile if someone else has transported them carefully to the place where they hand them to you.

This forum is dead, one of the biggest races in the year and no race chatter.

Someone created a new topic for the same race mate (well, it was to offer their number out but it became the race page very quickly!)
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    This forum is dead, one of the biggest races in the year and no race chatter.
    Like Calvin points out, there is a thread on General Fellrunning issues about this years race. But it's still pretty sparse for what is one of the year highlights. I agree with you Hursty, the forum is (almost) dead. Hardly any banter and very few comments after each race, maybe everybody is on FacebooK/Twitter, I don't do either so can't really say, I prefer the old fashioned forum. It only takes a few minutes to voice your feelings about a race, I'm sure race organisers etc appreciate the feed back....if i've had a cracking day out on the fells, or only a fair to midling day, it's only manners to thank whoever made it possible.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

I agree Darren about feedback to race organisers,after organising this years trog it would have been nice to have some sort of response to whether runners appreciate your event.
    Even if they didn't like the new route some sort of response would help.
    Most feedback came through Facebook from club members which is a closed group.

Great points you two (Darren & G B). I'm on here and the social networks but this feels more of the place to have real discussions (and sensible ones!!), both pre-race and post-race and I try to use it to the benefit of my club in terms of posting before and after our fell races too.

The Tour was my first one (only been running 11 months or so now), I knew what it was all about after hearing many tales from my Grandad on how tough it is/was so knew what to expect, therefore got myself a lot more pumped up than I do for the shorter stuff. When I saw the weather my first thoughts were with the marshals, not how rough it was going to be for me to run in those conditions. Splendid job by all, including Kieran, of course & I'm looking forward to doing it again next year, hopefully the "good weather" route, haha!
    http://calferguson.blogspot.co.uk/

Calvin Ferguson - Blackburn Harriers & AC

Super Moderator
    It's a great shame the forum only sees passing traffic nowadays. It's so sad wen you log on and nobody has posted anything all day
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Super Moderator
    Back on topic: well done Calvin. The Tour is a tough outing for anyone in their first year. Good work
    Poacher turned game-keeper