Page 181 of 185 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 1846

Thread: Full Tour of Pendle

Thanks Darren, good read with my hot choc and a biscuit before bed :-) Another nice one. You should start a new career as an after dinner speaker, you'd make a fortune. Brilliant job at Kendal too. Nige and I were still laughing all the way home :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Thanks Darren, good read with my hot choc and a biscuit before bed :-) Another nice one. You should start a new career as an after dinner speaker, you'd make a fortune. Brilliant job at Kendal too. Nige and I were still laughing all the way home :-)
    Thanks Sue

Thumbs up

What a race! Brutal climbs, fearsome descents and stunning views. A really friendly crowd and lots of mutual support, which I needed as I was struggling from the fifth climb onward. Didn't get anywhere near the time I was hoping for, but it's inspired me to do it again and do it better next year.
    Thanks to the organisers and all those who made it happen.
    Last edited by Shropshire Lad; 19-11-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Are we getting close to the point where we enjoy Darren's race reports more than we enjoy actively taking part the races themselves? (Or is it just me?)

I'm concerned that the next generation of fell runners will not actually race, they'll just avidly follow Darren's reports. at some point in his V70s Darren will take part in a fell race where he will be the only runner, and the rest of the entire fell running community will experience the highs and lows, the drama and comedy, from the warmth and comfort of the pub while reading his write-up.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Are we getting close to the point where we enjoy Darren's race reports more than we enjoy actively taking part the races themselves? (Or is it just me?)

I'm concerned that the next generation of fell runners will not actually race, they'll just avidly follow Darren's reports. at some point in his V70s Darren will take part in a fell race where he will be the only runner, and the rest of the entire fell running community will experience the highs and lows, the drama and comedy, from the warmth and comfort of the pub while reading his write-up.
    Hi Ben

Thanks for your kind words....but there’s a massive flaw in my ‘race reports’. That being, I hardly mention the race!
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Super Moderator
    Outstanding ‘sticks. Anyone can write a race report; your work is much better than another hum-drum ‘then we faced another climb’ bore. Are you fixed up for Ilkley Lit Fesi yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Outstanding ‘sticks. Anyone can write a race report; your work is much better than another hum-drum ‘then we faced another climb’ bore. Are you fixed up for Ilkley Lit Fesi yet?
    Thank you Andrew
    Ilkley Lit Fest- if it's not in the fellrunning race calendar its goes under my radar.

Tinders, i'm sure we can find a race in or near Ilkley during the literature festival so that you can give in to public demand and read at the festival after a race, thus maintaining your persona as a hard-as-nails fell-runner rather than a namby-pamby bookish type.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    Tinders, i'm sure we can find a race in or near Ilkley during the literature festival so that you can give in to public demand and read at the festival after a race, thus maintaining your persona as a hard-as-nails fell-runner rather than a namby-pamby bookish type.
    Ben

I’m flattered by your enthusiasm regarding my ‘race reports’...thank you.

The good people of Ilkley deserve more than the ramblings of some fellrunning obsessed Lancastrian.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    ...Burnley folk, my kinda people.
    BELTIN'!

Burnley on Tour
    by Andy Holden, on Flickr