Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennine Bridleway Relay

Pennine Bridleway Relay

OK who is doing what?

I'm doing Leg 4.

Leg 1 and looking forward to it.

Anyone got a good link to a marked up map? The OS map is quite difficult to follow. I'm using the route descriptions at http://www.penninebridlewayrelay.co....escription.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Brummy John View Post
    Anyone got a good link to a marked up map? The OS map is quite difficult to follow. I'm using the route descriptions at http://www.penninebridlewayrelay.co....escription.htm

Nice one BJ - Those route descriptions are superb.

I couldn't see the reasoning in us putting out a mixed team until i realised that our mixed team will actually be extremely competitive.

Not sure where it leaves us old buggers in the vets team though. We'll do well to miss the mass starts.

Thanks for the photo-shot in the Observer as well - it did my credibility at work the power of good
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Nice one BJ - Those route descriptions are superb.

I couldn't see the reasoning in us putting out a mixed team until i realised that our mixed team will actually be extremely competitive.

Not sure where it leaves us old buggers in the vets team though. We'll do well to miss the mass starts.

Thanks for the photo-shot in the Observer as well - it did my credibility at work the power of good
    hey up Danbert i thought you were auditioning for the Minstrels you could have had the part for me.
    my nose runs faster than my feet.
    www.ukfellponies.org.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    According to 'those in the know' it will leave us old buggers beating the mixed by 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by crumblydown View Post
    hey up Danbert i thought you were auditioning for the Minstrels you could have had the part for me.
    I've been a figure of ridicule, mockery and scorn at work since Wednesday Crumbly.

Are you doing a leg of the MTL Crumbly?

Good to see you back on the forum Notlob till i die - can't help but think that 'those in the knows' aspirations and hopes might just be a little bit over-ambitious if they think us old buggers are going to beat the mixed team by 5 minutes myself.

It's Widdy i feel sorry for - over Christmas and New Year his partner, though never having the classic runner physique in the first place, is now a right fat bastard.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

You beat Widdy (and me) at Marl Pitts so I'm sure you'll kick ass Danbert.

By the way your picture didn't go unnoticed round here either. The great Joe Salt loved it, Mrs Needham thought it was wonderful and so did a certain former Irish International XC runner.

I'm recceing Leg 4 on Saturday morning with Anna, leaving here at 9am, if anyone wants to come along (we are doing it out and back, i.e. 2 X 5.5 miles, 1500' ish, at easy pace with lots of head scratching along the way). I think the beginning of leg 4 is a bit convoluted.
    Last edited by Brummy John; 05-01-2007 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Slander and libel
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.

A little town nestling in the pennine foothills
    Steady on Danbert/Brummy John - having a conversation about my missues before I could get re-registered. It's a good job 'her in doors' cannot get on this forum or she would have 'yer guts for garters'.

Danbert, I have sent you a reply to your message about the recce of leg 3. I will give you a bell with some dates.

Having mountain biked it a few years ago (the whole thing) it is actually easy to follow, unless those chavs have been up switching signs. I should be doing it, not sure of the leg yet though, maybe the left one.
    www.vlaevents.co.uk Fancy something different?