Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Pennine Bridleway Relay

Reccied leg 3 on Saturday morning. Does anyone know why we have to detour via Horsehold instead of following the revised bridleway?

There are no signs from the turn left through the top of the woods and Horsehold until the junction of London Road and the Pennine Bridleway. The new, revised bridleway is well signed.

Anyone who doesn't know that we're expected to turn off the bridleway and follows the signs will have a big advantage.

Ali

PS this isn't a go at the organisers in any way just a genuine query.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post
    Reccied leg 3 on Saturday morning. Does anyone know why we have to detour via Horsehold instead of following the revised bridleway?
    There is something about this on the News page of the event website (see item headed "latest News on the route for 2007 - Leg 3").

KEITH

Quote Originally Posted by parky View Post
    There is something about this on the News page of the event website (see item headed "latest News on the route for 2007 - Leg 3").

KEITH
    Aye Keith, that's why I knew about the Horsehold detour/old route. Just wondering why we're not following the new, signed route..

Cheers, Ali.

I'm doing leg 3 which I'm glad about as the previous two years I've done leg 2 and it's a bit too far for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    Rivi pike it was....thanks for asking i'm definitely on the road to full recovery now.

Good man Vince, you have now idea how comforting and reassuring that reply was.
    well if all else fails danbert at least yee can resort to pedle power in ya slippers and dressing gown

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Ali View Post

There are no signs from the turn left through the top of the woods and Horsehold until the junction of London Road and the Pennine Bridleway. The new, revised bridleway is well signed.

Anyone who doesn't know that we're expected to turn off the bridleway and follows the signs will have a big advantage.

Ali

PS this isn't a go at the organisers in any way just a genuine query.

I was going to pretend i hadn't seen your post Ali and reap the advantage...but Parkys link has deprived me of this illicit advantage.

What's leg 3 like Ali? Myself and Widdy are reccieing it shortly, is it all runnable or are there any hands on knees sections?

well if all else fails danbert at least yee can resort to pedle power in ya slippers and dressing gown
    I have noticed that you are becomming a very cheeky and impudent young man Pengy if this insolence continues i can see me having to take my slippers to your behind.
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 08-01-2007 at 07:55 PM.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

leg 3 is full of good running - perfect for a speedster like yourself danbert

Quote Originally Posted by Sparth Bottoms View Post
    leg 3 is full of good running - perfect for a speedster like yourself danbert
    Oh dear, i can tell by the tone of your post Sparth that leg 3 is designed for people born shepherds in Wasdale and not corpulent North Manchester refugees like me.
    Last edited by Danbert Nocurry; 08-01-2007 at 11:16 PM.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert View Post
    What's leg 3 like Ali? Myself and Widdy are reccieing it shortly, is it all runnable or are there any hands on knees sections?

Danbert,

it's very runnable. The only steep bit is a short section near the end on the other side of the Tod - Rochdale road. Quite a few road/track sections. I'll be wearing light trail shoes.

Cheers, Ali.

Danbert,

Don't worry too much about getting lost. Our men's team can follow our mixed team, if it can keep up that is
    Biriani for endurance, pathia for speed.