Page 112 of 430 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: Three Peaks 2008

anyone been on any part of course, is it very very wet and boggy or just a bit?

[anyone been on any part of course, is it very very wet and boggy or just a bit)

I would say just a bit.

Did Horton-Pen y Ghent-Ribblehead and Hill Inn-Ingleborough-Horton today and the conditions were vey good.

It was a bit boggy on the stretch after Pen Y Ghent before the Pennine way but I managed keep my feet dry.

Ingleborough-Horton was very dry.

Did the same run early March it was wet and boggy all the way then.

I would err on the side of caution and carry waterproofs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Goatess View Post
    Does anyone know how strict the rules for 'waterproof' jacket for ppp. Would 'water resistant' pass and do they stipulate it having a hood?

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I have an entry to the 3 Peaks race which I cannot do now! Can this be sold on to other runners or do I nned to go back to the organisers and notify them?

Cheers,
    Gorge

Thumbs up Re: Three Peaks 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Gorge View Post
    Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I have an entry to the 3 Peaks race which I cannot do now! Can this be sold on to other runners or do I nned to go back to the organisers and notify them?

Cheers,
    Gorge
    hi gorge
    just got this info from 3ppp organisers yesterday, it may help?

Dear Runner

Your entry details to the 54th Three Peaks Race are confirmed on the attached Entry List which can also be viewed on the Website: http://www.threepeaksrace.org.uk/3Pe...try%20List.pdf

On-line substitution closed on the 14th April and no substitutions can be made on Race Day
    why do we do?:wink:
    http://williamtitley.org

Thanks Mudlugger. Bad timing then. I tried this forum last week but found it to be down. Must have bene even worse timing ...

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    I would err on the side of caution and carry waterproofs!
    Oh yes I will def be carrying my waterproofs, but the question I was asking was...
    Would a light weight water 'resistant' running jacket do and one that doesn't have a hood?
    It's just that my 'waterproof' doesn't pack down that small and was looking to get something like the ones that pack to the size of an apple, but not sure if this is acceptable? What make of jacket is everyone else carrying?

I take a huge bag of kit along with me and make up my bum bag before the race, depending on the conditions. I'm sure a windproof will be okay if the weather forecast is good enough.

Mind you from the BBC the weather forecast for Settle on Friday is set for heavy showers mixed with sunshine. Not likely to be cold though, 12 degrees centigrade, with a 13 mph (double that for the tops) SW wind. They'll have Saturday's prediction up tomorrow.

Two females training in massage will be available for post race massage on Saturday after the race -- legs only! We are collecting for the local cave/ fell rescue and a donation of 5 pounds sounds reasonable. We are located in the changing marqee, so just turn up and have your lactics dispersed and your muscles relaxed.
    Last edited by soo; 21-04-2008 at 02:46 PM.

I carry a cheapo breathable regatta cag which packs down to a very small size and is quite waterproof only gets wet when it comes though the zip has a hood and only cost a tenner. My waterproof pants are of similar style as well cheap and cheerful but light and can stuff down small. That said for me its an art to get all my stuff into my microsized bumbag