Thread: Another Shoe Post - Walsh

Another Shoe Post - Walsh

New pair of Walsh PB Ultra Extremes arrived last week. Pimped them out with a touch of extra cushioning and ran them in on Saturday morning with a brisk sixteen miles Burbage / Stanage / Hathersage / Grindleford / Burbage / Ringinglow run.

My question is - Is there some new Walsh tech gone into these shoes in the last couple of months that I'm not aware of? Because compared to my last pair of the same they feel about three kilos lighter on each foot!! It feels like a much more responsive and dynamic shoe than in the past.

Excellent grip as always and with an extra 3mm insole they gave a very comfortable run all the way around and didn't tax the legs (or my old Inov8 achilles problem) too much at all.

Perhaps its just me and I happened to run them in on a particularly good day. But if there is some new product development then it doesn't seem to be being pushed enough!!

Although the tongue is still stupidly short .
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Re: Another Shoe Post - Walsh

Sounds like the sort of shoe I'm after.

have heard that Walsh tend to be pretty small sized, is that the case with these Simon ?

Yep, I'm usually a size 8 but I'm 8 and a half in Walsh. Also I have wide feet so I go for the 'Ultra' (wide) fit.

Bog all cushioning but a 3mm Inov8 insole pads it out nicely for a longer trog.
    Be Humble. Sit Down.

Fusion footwear. Footbeds from the far East meet Boltons finest.

Agree with Simon, these are my first pair of walshes, normally have a broad fit but found I also needed a 3mm insole to stop my foot rolling in the shoe, size was as normal no adjustment required (normally a 10, bought a 10). Find I do have to have the laces tight, poss. dont need the wider fit ? But find them very comfortable and they are great at "self cleaning" . I was out in the Peaks ysdy and they were excellant. Agree the tongue seem short. I normally put my big toe thro and these are designed with extra proetction from toe cap so should prevent that. I managed to kick a 6" rock whilst out headtorch running with no adverse effects. Seem ideal for the wet & mud.