Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corndon 3 peaks classic

Corndon 3 peaks classic

Does anyone know if this ones deffinetly on this Sunday ?
    It's on the Mercia web site but not in FRA or WFRA calenders.

I was over there last week and there's some big beasts with horns on the second hill. Others may just call them cows

Re: Corndon 3 peaks classic

You've missed it young man! They moved it to earlier this year whereas last year it was held in November.

Senior Member Usually at the back's Avatar

It is still posted on the Mercia website as this Sunday, I was talking to a couple of people from Oswestry the other week who has also seen it advertised, but it is confusing as I know it has already been held this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Harrier View Post
    You've missed it young man! They moved it to earlier this year whereas last year it was held in November.
    I did wonder. I did both of the last two races so was wondering whether it was going to be a biannial thing. (Oh and thanks for the young man comment;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Usually at the back View Post
    It is still posted on the Mercia website as this Sunday, I was talking to a couple of people from Oswestry the other week who has also seen it advertised, but it is confusing as I know it has already been held this year.
    Yes, thats what's confusing. I may end up winning if I'm the only one that turns up !!

The Mercia website now says it's not on in a pretty conclusive way. You'll have to get yourself up to Pendle instead John!

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Wanderer View Post
    The Mercia website now says it's not on in a pretty conclusive way. You'll have to get yourself up to Pendle instead John!
    Ah yes. I've just looked. Pendle, I think not. Rhobell Saturday instead ;-)

Rhobell Fawr is a pretty good choice if you ask me - if you get a nice sunny day the scenery is fabulous and the drive through the woods to get there is quite special.

Found this little belter on the WFRA and really glad I did. Nearly Christmas and it's warm enough running in shorts and vest, what a lovely day. At only 5.4 miles it feels more like a 7 miler, especially when slogging up the 3rd and final climb. How many races do you get the chance to run in 2 different countries?Many thanks to all involved, cheers Darren, Chorley.

Cracking race today, in near perfect conditions, if a little muddy and slippy in places...

No messing about, straight uphill from the start into the first climb, the biggest of the day. The remaining two main climbs are fairly short-lived, but I think the race is won and lost in the 2 mile section leading up to the final climb... Cruelly it is just about runnable... The sort of thing you'd hare up in training, but 45 mins into a fast fell race the legs don't want to know... Luckily I had been forewarned about this section(thanks DaveMole!)

A cracking final descent back to the pub...

Personally, it was just a relief to get round after suffering a hamstring injury in my last race which I wasn't totally convinced was 100% better... Started to feel it on the above-mentioned slog up to the final climb... True to form, got stronger as the race went on, pulled a number of places back by running most of the final climb, and flew down the final descent with a green-vested guy hot on my tails... Would like to think that with more knowledge of the course I could push a lot harder on some parts, and knock a few minutes off... But I always say that, and at the time I was probably giving it my all!

Sadly the RO announced it was his last year of organising this race, so hopefully someone takes up the challenge as it is a good race and a nice area.

First time running in the colours of Coventry Godiva Harriers... A club with a great history in track, field, distance and cross-country, but no fell running tradition at all... But hopefully the regular training with far more accomplished athletes than myself, will bring the benefits to my racing...

Pete

This race is making a comeback on sunday, having not been ran since 2016.

Its one of the few races i can't remember a great deal of... i don't recall it being overly technical.

Assuming its the same course ran in 2016, hopefully will see a decent pb, even if i am just using it as a tune-up towards higher priorities.