I don't have access to trying on different Inov-8 models, so I am curious about the fit of the new f-lite 195 and the x-talon 190 vs. the f-lite 230, which I use for about 80% of my running from spring through fall. By appearance the uppers are essentially the same - but do those of you that have run in 230s as well as one or both of these new shoes find that the fit is the same? Are the uppers as durable as the 230? The last is a loaded question, because I think the 230 material already gives way too quickly - the uppers on a pair I started using only in July is already giving way right behind the reinforced coating around the toe (same as my previous pair, which bit the dirt at the end of June). Maybe 1000-1200 km of use – is that as much as can be expected for any of these lighter models?

I like the fit of the f-lite 230, but I'm a little concerned about a different fit in any of the new shoes because my current experience with the new Oroc 280s I bought, which are 6-8 mm longer (comparing insoles) than either my 230s or roclite 285s of the same size. (I'm hoping this is unique to the Oroc, but I'm guessing for the future I could go down a half-size and put in a 3 mm rather than a 6 mm insole, as I have seen suggested in the forum for some other models. Otherwise, with winter having settled in now in northern Sweden, I like the shoes.)

Thanks for any feedback.