Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrekin Wrecker

Re: Wrekin Wrecker : difficult

having done it..phew pretty tough, but great race

especially the 'hors catogorie' second ascent...bit like the Ingleton climb in the 3 Peaks CX

Glad you liked it Trilathon. Would have done it again myself but still recovering from the Snowdonia Marathon. Maybe next year...
    I can't be last.....

Am doing this as I can't make Cardington Cracker a couple of weeks after, can anyone let me know how the 2 compare?

Am looking for a tough race to test how the last 4 months of training since doing Snowdon have paid off, hopefully this will give me the test I need?!

this is a good test of ascending/descending....and really good value with the hosts putting on an unbelievable amount of stuff to indulge after

having said that it's no CC, a truely great race

What news on shoes?????????
    I have no idea on the course, or current underfoot conditions but am keen to know more.
    Any guidance?
    The race is long and in the end, it's only with yourself.......

I did the Wrekin fell race in March this year which I'm assuming is on similar (but longer) route. The race in march was through woodland paths and on good tracks near the summit but had some steep climbs and descents as well. I wore my walshes then and I'll be wearing them on sunday, dont take any chances! Brum

Thanks++ Brum!
    The only real chance I'll be taking is with my dodgy left achilles........I thought it had magically vanished, but it resurfaced on tonights head-torcher.................I have usually got a swear word for all occasions, but I cannot find one descriptive enough of my frame of mind re: this.
    BUM.
    That will have to suffice for this eve.
    The race is long and in the end, it's only with yourself.......

Quote Originally Posted by Chugger View Post
    What news on shoes?????????
    I have no idea on the course, or current underfoot conditions but am keen to know more.
    Any guidance?
    I did this last year and will again this year . It's mostly on tracks with a few muddy bits . But, with all the rain we've had round here the muddy bits could be really muddy . This year I'm going to be wearing my Mudclaws That is , if Pete Bland gets my new pair to me on time ordered them on Wednesday .

I sympathize with you and your Achillies . I have the same problem . Although , at the moment , my dodgy ankle is taking the focus off the achillies .

Maybe see you there With any luck they'll be free Tshirts grub again

there will be mud. It's hammering down here in Wellington this afternoon, I went round the Wrekin last week and it was muddy in places and that's before this week's rain. Oh, yes not to mention it's forecast to be pretty windy too. Probably not the best day to take in the views
    So - It will be hard work, and quite slippery on some of the descents. My advice would be to use shoes with good grip (fell shoes, etc).
    I'm hoping to help with the marshalling this year, so good luck to all you runners

50mph gusts forcast for tomorrow, should make it interesting. guess it will be pretty slippy on the leaves through the woods also. looking forward to it as haven't raced since the stretton skyline.