Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov-8 Road-X Road Shoe Line

Re: Inov-8 Road-X Road Shoe Li

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    What do you reckon would be decent for the odd 5 mile run on road or for the treadmill that is around now i.e. before the Inov8s are available (and say for less than 60quid )
    I'd be looking at outright racing shoes or racer / trainers. I've got the last version of these which seem pretty decent,

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/adidas-adizero-mana-5-shoes

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Quite, but then most people aren't bothered about beating such people, and are more interested in personal goals and being able to run comfortably on a surface of their choice.

I would say it matters a hell of a lot what you have on your feet, otherwise you are not going to run far, harder, or faster.

Been eyeing up those Nike Free's as well, my mate swears by them for the road too.

Still tempted by the Inov's though.
    True but at £90-95 a pop its abit too much for my price range, when i can buy my fave pair of Adidas road shoes for £70-75 with more cushioning and be far more comfortable.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Yeah deffo, why pay more for un-tested shoes.

Still looking for some recommendations of decent road shoes :P

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Yeah deffo, why pay more for un-tested shoes.

Still looking for some recommendations of decent road shoes :P
    If you want something minimalist like.. look out for things classified as "Racer/Trainer" eg- Adidas boston, Saucony mirage, Asics ds trainer and Nike lunar glide, i wear Bostons and find them great for everything
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    If you want something minimalist like.. look out for things classified as "Racer/Trainer" eg- Adidas boston, Saucony mirage, Asics ds trainer and Nike lunar glide, i wear Bostons and find them great for everything
    Cheers mate, will check em out!

I was fortunate to get to see some of the new Inov-8 road shoes at an event in Sheffield not so long ago. What I don't get is why they are so expensive - they're on a par with a top end Asics or Nike at £90 - if minimalist footwear is not a new idea? Inov-8 surely aren't going to suggest that it's R&D cost when the concept has been around for decades. I also think Inov-8 will struggle to compete with the other racing flats already out on the market by more established road/track brands.

[QUOTE=Tom Smith;399158]I was fortunate to get to see some of the new Inov-8 road shoes at an event in Sheffield not so long ago. What I don't get is why they are so expensive - they're on a par with a top end Asics or Nike at £90 - if minimalist footwear is not a new idea? Inov-8 surely aren't going to suggest that it's R&D cost when the concept has been around for decades. [QUOTE] I also think Inov-8 will struggle to compete with the other racing flats already out on the market by more established road/track brands.[/QUO

With out a doubt they will probably struggle as Saucony as most know a massive brand have also just launched a "Minimalistic" range of road shoes at a fraction of the cost of the Inov8s...It pretty much comes down to paying for the name :/ http://www.saucony.eu/en-GB/159/training.html they have also brought out a minimal trail shoe "Peregrin" but it doesnt look too good...

Just got myself a pair of these http://www.apex-sports.co.uk/details...e-Running-Shoe . Lighter, wider, cheaper and possibly better made than the inov8s which seem overpriced.

Must admit, I also don't get the less costs more thing with the whole crop of minimalist shoes coming out.

Given you can get a pair of Asics DS racers or similar for £50, why would you pay nearly double this for the Inov-8s?

I wish Inov-8 well, but can't help thinking that trying to get into the road market is a big mistake and will only really result in diluting their current brand appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post

With out a doubt they will probably struggle as Saucony as most know a massive brand have also just launched a "Minimalistic" range of road shoes at a fraction of the cost of the Inov8s...It pretty much comes down to paying for the name :/ http://www.saucony.eu/en-GB/159/training.html they have also brought out a minimal trail shoe "Peregrin" but it doesnt look too good...
    I wouldn't really consider £85 to be classed as a fraction of the cost.
    http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/S...running-shoes/

The NB minimus range is probably gonna be a better bet when it comes to price.
    "That was the night everything changed"