Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Broad fitting fell shoes...

Re: Broad fitting fell shoes..

I guess the problem is that fell shoes need to be very snug fitting. An anatomical fit is all very well in a casual shoe (my several beloved pairs of vivo barefoot shoes are the most comfortable I have ever worn, simply because there is plenty of width in the toe box) or in a road running shoe when used on level surfaces. Fell shoes need to be very stable because of uneven ground and contouring - I believe (but would be happy to be proved wrong) that a shoe with too much width at the toes would not be very stable on the foot. Unless some genius can come up with a shoe design that is both roomy and stable, I'd be happy with just a little bit more width so I can squeeze my flippers into a snug size 10 shoe rather than squeezing my flippers into a snug size 11 and end up with oodles of space in from of my toes. To put it simply, I want 'performance last' inov-8 shoes with an 'endurance/comfort last' - which shouldn't be too difficult since they just need to combine two things they already produce.

Re: Broad fitting fell shoes..

Bought a pair of sportivas today, forgot how lovely the feel. I'm 0.5 size bigger, good grip on grass, erm..not so good on wet rock...also that mesh means its hard to tighten so the foot moves to much when traversing.

Nice shoe though, lovely night on Garn, snow on the ground, full moon above..