Page 11 of 70 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by duty_druid View Post
    At the risk of repeating what's already been said (I can't find the answer to this anywhere else).

Is there going to be any kind of drinks station or is it a case of self-sufficiency being the order of the day?
    There should be a water point at Lady Royd Farm (approx 11 miles), however self-sufficiency is always recommended:thumbup:

Just been for a look the field - not to muddy and not likely to cut up too much

1) Parking up - no worries you could park up any time Saturday - might worth calling me as you arrive so we can open field - will send you a PM
    2) Flagging - 5mile out and a couple back so about 1-1 1/2 hours but we should have a good group if you want to save your legs (either way you'll be back for the big game - both pubs will have big screens)
    3) Where is the field - at top of the village, up a stone drive on your left just as before the school, we will put a parking sign - but hopefully I can meet you

What time do you reckon on arriving?

Quote Originally Posted by alfa_scud View Post
    Trig, at present it's still looking like I can get over & lend a hand if required on Saturday, still time for things to change though! Just a couple of questions if that's OK.

1. Would I be able to get parked up before flagging (if camping) or wait until later?
    2. How long d'ya reckon we'll be out? I ask for the purely selfish reason of the possibility of watching England / Ireland in the pub (if it's being shown!) afterwards (5pm 'ish)!!
    3.Is this where the carpark / campsite is?

It'll probably all change & I'll end up down Liverpool on Saturday - a distinct possibility!

Looking forward to it, looking like 5 from Trawden for the race at present (although prob only me Saturday)

Cheers
    Last edited by Trig; 17-03-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Hey Steve,good to see you in a proper pub, and number 1, awesome, I guess seriously I am not worthy, but much appreciated, you're a goodun. What if I won......... and then we woke up. Maybe I could win the post race beer consumption, but that would be it!
    Hopefully see you Sat, and you still haven't told me when that special ale will be "tested"!
    Having your celebrity endorsement will be a big boost to the race No1 (your new nickname?)
    Sounds like you may find a bunch of flaggers returning to pub around 16.30 - 17.00 - an ideal opportunity to "test" the ale

Hoping to get there about 1.30-2.00 if you need a hand flagging, but if you have enough bodies it'll be a bit later, maybe 4'ish & I'll save my legs (not that I'll win if I rest 'em but you know how it is!).

I didn't make it clear on my parking question, but my point 3 was a link to Google streetview showing what I was guessing to be the field entrance, I'm sure I won't be so far off anyhow!

I haven't had a drink all week (alcoholic that is!), looking forward to a couple on Saturday, just hope I don't have too many, I've no self control with ale!!

I reckon we have enough (feel free to join - see how you feel) See you in White Lion for a beer either way
    I just spotted your link - yep - spot on. I will make sure the gate is open - just choose your pitch.
    Safe trip over Widdop Road - still hearing that its open weekends
    Just about to send the PM with my contact

Quote Originally Posted by alfa_scud View Post
    Hoping to get there about 1.30-2.00 if you need a hand flagging, but if you have enough bodies it'll be a bit later, maybe 4'ish & I'll save my legs (not that I'll win if I rest 'em but you know how it is!).

I didn't make it clear on my parking question, but my point 3 was a link to Google streetview showing what I was guessing to be the field entrance, I'm sure I won't be so far off anyhow!

I haven't had a drink all week (alcoholic that is!), looking forward to a couple on Saturday, just hope I don't have too many, I've no self control with ale!!

Rugby - not sure whether the Heptonstall Pubs will be showing it Trig? I know the Fox and Goose just below Heptonstall will be showing the rugby, and serving good ale
    Clive, Hebden Bridge

Rugby - just checked - both White Lion (Barry - England) and the Cross (Owen - Ireland) will have big screens choose your pub based on your loylaties?

Good bit in the HBT today - like the local derby angle.....must join you in F&G to carry on our discussions of last night

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    Rugby - not sure whether the Heptonstall Pubs will be showing it Trig? I know the Fox and Goose just below Heptonstall will be showing the rugby, and serving good ale

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Good bit in the HBT today - like the local derby angle....
    Online version: http://www.hebdenbridgetimes.co.uk/s...race_1_3190659

[QUOTE=Multiterrainer;399666]Online version: http://www.hebdenbridgetimes.co.uk/s...race_1_3190659[/QUOTE

Wonder who will win the team prize?

Will it be Tod or Calder with most entries?

Just got all the prizes together today - some cracking give aways