Page 43 of 70 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Nick C View Post
    Attachment 5877
    Hopefully I have attached the photo correctly, this is post stitches after they cut and scraped out the mud that was in the wound.
    Sorry never got a pre photo with exposed shin bone.
    Leg now very sore and painful, may have to have a rest from running this week!!!
    In response to Trigs earlier post on finishing the race I was so annoyed with getting the wrong line to the Standing Stone and losing so many places catching up the front group became priority.
    When I eventually decided to have a proper look at the leg thats when I nearly passed out what a good thing adrenaline is!!!
    Anyway still enjoyed the race will be back next year im sure.

Hope it has nt got infected Nick; can you confirm where it happenned? We're going up there on Friday to find the rock, and will be making sure the area is taped-off / or rock removed next year.
    Last edited by Trig; 22-03-2012 at 09:20 AM.

MORE GREAT PICTURES; http://www.flickr.com/photos/kipp/68...7629613615531/

Thanks Sean!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Hope it has nt got infected Nick; can you confirm where it happenned? We're going up there on Friday to find the rock, and will be making sure the area is taped-off / or rock removed next year.
    Probably infected but the new tablets seemed to of started to make a difference now.
    Using my Garmin and google earth I think its about 0.23miles after check point 2 (Stone wall) and 55metres before the wood bridge over the small stream. Hope that helps, it will be interesting to know what caused the damage as I am not sure a stone could cause the cuts we both had!!!

Probably infected but the new tablets seemed to of started to make a difference now.
    Using my Garmin and google earth I think its about 0.23miles after check point 2 (Stone wall) and 55metres before the wood bridge over the small stream. Hope that helps, it will be interesting to know what caused the damage as I am not sure a stone could cause the cuts we both had!!!
    Thanks Nick - just getting my x-tallons on for a trot up there now.

In meantime here's some reading material while you are resting

Stories from visiting runners;
    http://www.lostockac.co.uk/news/hept...un-18th-march/

http://trawdenac.co.uk/news.php?id=553&page=1

and Today's local paper gives you a mention
    http://www.hebdenbridgetimes.co.uk/n...race-1-4369411

Probably infected but the new tablets seemed to of started to make a difference now.Using my Garmin and google earth I think its about 0.23miles after check point 2 (Stone wall) and 55metres before the wood bridge over the small stream. Hope that helps, it will be interesting to know what caused the damage as I am not sure a stone could cause the cuts we both had!!!
    Would you laugh if they dig up a Saxon hoard with the offending 'rock' turning out to be a golden sword!!

Ps I darent click on any picture links incase I accidentally see the injury!
    Last edited by Daleside; 22-03-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    They were - glad no one stepped on them -also glad you got a chance to find the route to standing stone hill after your aborted recce wjb - how was the day for you???
    It was amazing thanks for organising it. It's possibly my new favourite race although I've not done that many! I enjoyed the whole event from the service at the start to the pint of 1886 and the prize giving. I finished in 2:43 and still felt strong on the final climb. Already looking forward to next year!

[QUOTE=fishbulb;474385]A Dashers view of it all: http://mrsparkleversuslife.blogspot....fell-race.html[/QUOTE

Great story - I wish I could run it too! Next year I will delegate....

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    Would you laugh if they dig up a Saxon hoard with the offending 'rock' turning out to be a golden sword!!

Ps I darent click on any picture links incase I accidentally see the injury!
    Not a sword but what was thought to of been a mythical creature known as a bog shark!!!!!

Trig, did you find the bog shark???