Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 696

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

  1. #501
    Master Trig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Pennines
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by sevendaughters View Post
    It's the ghost Pipes from BBC1's Ghostwatch - well, the guy who plays him in the make-up. I'm younger and I have more hair and less blood on my face.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/classic/ghostwatch/
    Glad to hear it - must admit I was concerned you would scare off some of the other entrants! Looked like you'd had big night out in the rougher bars of Wigan.....

  2. #502
    Senior Member sevendaughters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    140

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    anyway, if I'm there I'll be in a Newburgh vest. cheers for the advice chaps, I've got full winter kit, only thing stopping me is a hamstring tweak - which the masseur said was just a bit of tightness.

  3. #503
    Master Trig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Pennines
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by sevendaughters View Post
    anyway, if I'm there I'll be in a Newburgh vest. cheers for the advice chaps, I've got full winter kit, only thing stopping me is a hamstring tweak - which the masseur said was just a bit of tightness.
    you might want to get that eye looked at too...

  4. #504
    Senior Member joeyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heptonstall
    Posts
    290

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    Hope to see you there then Sevendaughters. I'm hoping the ankle I managed to sprain at the New Chew will be recovered to let me out running again soon - lots of cold spray and elevation being applied! (It felt like a very long trot back from the TV mast on Holme Moss to the Dovestones Sailing Club after I turned it...)

  5. #505
    Master Trig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Pennines
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Hope to see you there then Sevendaughters. I'm hoping the ankle I managed to sprain at the New Chew will be recovered to let me out running again soon - lots of cold spray and elevation being applied! (It felt like a very long trot back from the TV mast on Holme Moss to the Dovestones Sailing Club after I turned it...)
    Sorry to hear about your injury Joey - I'm guessing that might rule you out for the big Heptonstall recce on Sunday 3rd March?
    Might be worth sending a note out to your Toddie colleagues to invite them along too - full details on the Recce thread.

  6. #506
    Senior Member nippersmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    719

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    Sorry I could not make the recce yesterday, I had a PECO commitment! I will take a day off to come and recce - none of Tussockface's disdain for the recce for me, I love a recce day, it is a pre-race treat!
    a rush and a push and the land is ours

  7. #507
    Senior Member joeyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Heptonstall
    Posts
    290

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    The sprain is recovering well. Should be fine for race day - I'll test it out at the Hobble this weekend. Fingers crossed it stays in one piece.

  8. #508
    Master Trig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Pennines
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by nippersmith View Post
    Sorry I could not make the recce yesterday, I had a PECO commitment! I will take a day off to come and recce - none of Tussockface's disdain for the recce for me, I love a recce day, it is a pre-race treat!
    Enjoy your recce Sarah - hope its a sunny one - its definitely turned to spring up here - I heard my first Curlew yesterday. Lovely dry trods too!
    Looking forward to seeing Valley Striders gang on the 17th - are they all up for it again?

  9. #509
    Senior Member sevendaughters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    140

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    Injury seems okay for me, touch wood, the only thing stopping me is a train cancellation/delay now.

  10. #510
    Master Trig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Pennines
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

    Quote Originally Posted by sevendaughters View Post
    Injury seems okay for me, touch wood, the only thing stopping me is a train cancellation/delay now.
    What time does your train get in to Hebden?

Similar Threads

  1. not exactly a fell race
    By Darth domain in forum Other Races
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 02:05 PM
  2. Heptonstall Fancy Dress Cross
    By Clive in forum Other Races
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-12-2008, 03:59 PM
  3. First Fell Race...
    By hairier half in forum Races
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •