Page 54 of 70 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

looking forward to this one trig,cracking route,important question-what beers are on for afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Is that early, mid or late on the route Trig? A couple of bin liners might help to get through without freezin' yer wotnots off!
    NEW WADING SECTION - RIVER CROSSING AT 10 MILE MARK - HEBDEN WATER, HARDCASTLE, CRAGS, A THE FOOT OF THE BIG ASCENT TO TURN HILL......
    Hopefully it won't be up to your wotnots wharfee (depending on how long your legs are) knee deep and quite wide though; I reckon someone's bound to take a bath, there are some submerged, smooth, slimey stones for the un-suspecting wader trying to splash across too quickly. Take it easy an you'll keep your wotnots dry. Note to self; find a photographer to capture the bath time fun.
    Don't forget you cross at your own risk - if wading across rivers is nt for you, there's a bridge 100m down stream that adds about 2 mins to your time - but no-where near as refreshing on tired legs
    Last edited by Trig; 12-03-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    NEW WADING SECTION - RIVER CROSSING AT 10 MILE MARK...if wading across rivers is not for you, there's a bridge 100m down stream that adds about 2 mins to your time...
    Don't fancy gettin' mi legs wet if the temperature's like it's been the last couple o' days, think I'll take the bridge option, unless I'm already sh!t up to th' eyeballs then I'll be ready for a dip!

Wink Re: Heptonstall Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Don't fancy gettin' mi legs wet if the temperature's like it's been the last couple o' days, think I'll take the bridge option, unless I'm already sh!t up to th' eyeballs then I'll be ready for a dip!
    Wharfee, it's not very muddy till after there! If you look at my pics on Fb from yesterday's recci, you can see its not far between the bridges, it's worth the detour! C C, by the way Happy Belated birthday A H
    Last edited by Oxnop4; 12-03-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ferret666 View Post
    looking forward to this one trig,cracking route,important question-what beers are on for afterwards?
    Excellent Ferret glad Heptonstall is in your diary - the route could be even more interesting if the weather continues - doubt there will be many bogs unless the temperature rises; hope it does nt put you off our new river crossing!
    Beside being our race HQ, The White Lion is our main sponsor, they won't let us down in the beer department....plenty of choice, all real ale/micro brewery kegs.
    I'm going to nip into The White Lion tonight, Lynn the landord is giving the race a keg (need to pick one) with all sales on that keg going to our causes (Scouts, Mountain Rescue, and Heptonstall Church). The White Lion will also be donating 5 cases of bottled ale as prizes.
    I hope everyone can call in for a beer after the race, hanging on for the prize giving at 14.30, the pub deserves some trade for all the support they have given the sport this year.

Yup - it seems okay now. I went round the Hobble on it alright at the weekend. Should be good for Heptonstall this coming weekend
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Not crutches then Joey? Ankle better?

Weather looking ok - bit warmer, bit of sun, bit of cloud, bit of light rain, bit of snow - bit of everything really

got around Cambridge Half alright at the weekend (slower than anticipated mind) so only public transport catastrophe stands in the way. had bad experiences with running and the first train on a Sunday morning (once got to XC race 30 seconds before gun).

Quote Originally Posted by sevendaughters View Post
    got around Cambridge Half alright at the weekend (slower than anticipated mind) so only public transport catastrophe stands in the way. had bad experiences with running and the first train on a Sunday morning (once got to XC race 30 seconds before gun).
    Good luck with your journey...the beauty of public transport is you can have a few beers in The White Lion....prize giving should be lively and worth hanging about for.

There will also be loads of food and warm drinks available in the finish field as soon as you collaspe at the end.....don't forget to put a couple of quid in your race gear!
    We're serving up hot soup and piles of cakes/flap jacks next to the finish funnel - all provided by the local church - its free to runners, but they would be very grateful for donations towards their causes (hoping the finishers all arrive desperate for sugar/cake/warmth and have some change in their bum-bags)
    Last edited by Trig; 14-03-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Trig, rumor has it there is some check point changes on the route for this year? Don't tell me my hours of running across Heptonstall Moor trying to find the same trod twice are all in vain?