Page 68 of 70 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

Planning to attempt this race for the first time. Not run 15m off road in ages so going to be tough going.
    Running | Real Ale | Guitar

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Agreed - I'm sure you will get round without any bother - for mid-packers the flagging and other runners leading the way should make navigation straight forward - from a safety point of view it is always worth reminding everyone (particularly those new to the sport) to still carry the compulsory map, whistle, and compass (plus other race gear) just in case. You never know what the the weather/injury etc might throw at you. Don't be put off by by the safety requirements -its a great route and an ideal introduction to a long distance fell running for anyone used to running half marathons; if you're not looking to break any records get your fell shoes on and take time to look around at the amazing views. Bring some beer money and enjoy the day! Looking forward to seeing you...
    and

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrun View Post
    This is a good, enjoyable race for a first, or only, long fell race - very well organised and marshalled - and well flagged on the flagged bits , which is most of it.
    have reassured me. Do they still hold true?

Master
    I'm usually to be found racing against the sweepers, but have easily managed the cut-offs on this one.

Hoping to do this one again this year, and knock an hour off my time (I had a terrible run last year, and finished dead last)

Is the route unchanged?

Quote Originally Posted by obrienk View Post
    Hoping to do this one again this year, and knock an hour off my time (I had a terrible run last year, and finished dead last)

Is the route unchanged?
    Yep, the route is the same. Courtesy of the Boxing Day floods I think the river crossing has been reinstated after the first Walshaw checkpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Yer Man in the Cags View Post
    and

have reassured me. Do they still hold true?
    They do - plenty of marshalls and flags - however it is well worth checking the map - people have been known to head over to Haworth after Shackleton Knoll.

Never mind the tough going......beware the amazingly aggressive grouse on Shackleton Knoll.......peckpeckpeckaaarrrgggghhh!!

could anyone confirm how far along the route the first pass through Walshaw and the 2.30 cut off is?

It looks to be 9 miles-ish to me, is that about right?

Thanks!

I might mosey over for this one, & see how much slower I am than last time. (checks running log...) That'd be 2:51:17 in 2013. So maybe 3:10 this time...
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Shuffle View Post
    could anyone confirm how far along the route the first pass through Walshaw and the 2.30 cut off is?

It looks to be 9 miles-ish to me, is that about right?

Thanks!
    Yep, a shade over 9 miles to Walshaw.