Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INOV8 Mudclaw 272. Grippy? NOT

Re: INOV8 Mudclaw 272. Grippy?

...provided the soles last, quite possibly! I went for a 14 mile plod based around Pen y Ghent the other day, in horrendous wind and misty rain, and had no probs with them at all so that was encouraging. No issues going around Ilkley Moor, so although I've not had 'em long, I am impressed so far.
    The reason I went for them was the bargain price I was offered at Sportsshoes in Bradford - effectively got them for thirty quid!

My pair arrived yesterday. Not worn them yet, but have to say, didn't realise how aggressive the mud-claw tread pattern is, its ridiculous! Can't see how I'll be slipping on anything for a long while!

Hope the off centre lacing system works, only gripe is that they don't have the same laces as my f-lite 195s as they are miles better than the thin laces.

I'll be getting a pair of the 272s when my 270s die. I've found the grip on the 270s superb on off-road stuff. I can imagine they wouldn't be great on paving slab-type rock, but on rougher rock stuff (i.e. general Lakeland business) they've been spot on. Fit and off-centre lacing suits me, but it's all personal I guess. If I come across paved paths (e.g. last weekend at the Rab in Hayfield) I just run to the side, more to save wear on the grip, being the frugal Yorkshireman that I am.
    Geoff Clarke

Quick Walsh update; I've now got TWO pairs of ultras, and the spirit lites. The grip is superb on most terrain. My only gripe with the ultras is the flat laces, which refuse to come undone once wet, especially if approached with cold fingers! I'll just have to try them with round laces, not hard really.
    I saw some inov8s in Skipton the other day, or rather a 'coming soon' kind of promotional poster...ninety quid, they want. I think sales of Walshes will be on the rise again soon!

On the Walsh front I bought Mrs STL a pair of the Spirit Lites for Christmas (I know that is a really romantic gesture). She has had a couple of runs. Her opinion is these are the most comfortable and best fitting off road she has had (previous include montrail highlanders, x-talons and slate/orange 330s). She was impressed with the grip and I think with the comfort of the fit gave her more confidence on the descents.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    my pair arrived yesterday. Not worn them yet, but have to say, didn't realise how aggressive the mud-claw tread pattern is, its ridiculous! Can't see how i'll be slipping on anything for a long while!

lmao !

plodding bear, I replaced my walsh ultra laces with some oldkook Snakes (Skateboard) Shoelaces 46", wanted something to avoid the throug back to 1970's football laces which walsh seem to like. Did add a 3mm footbed to stop foot rolling slightly and have no complaints now

DR, I think the footbed thing is very much to do with how the shoes actually fit, a personal thing. The laces though...just as soon as I can be arsed to take them out and measure them, they'll be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    lmao !
    Well my Talons have lasted 12 months with quite a lot of use with no major slipping issues.

I think it really is more down to how you run and place your feet, rather than the amount of tread.

Although many people like to get years out of their trainers, so 12 months is a short life-span to some

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Well my Talons have lasted 12 months with quite a lot of use with no major slipping issues.

I think it really is more down to how you run and place your feet, rather than the amount of tread.

Although many people like to get years out of their trainers, so 12 months is a short life-span to some
    I had 3 pairs of 330's in that time! 2 pairs were returned although despite the studs being ok I was told they were not faulty??? Even the shop I bought them from were stunned at the reply?! so won't be getting any more mudclaws in the near future, £69 for a shoe thats designed to last 4 months.

Edit- I am happy with the grip though...